Quantum cabin underneath windjammer

lovn2liv

I was in 13306 for the crossing. I did not pick this cabin but RCI upgraded me into it so I really couldn't complain. Generally speaking I would not pick Deck 13 for a couple reasons. First is that the pools or Windjammer are above most of the deck and that can create noise. Second is the pool deck overhang which basically creates a long roof over your balcony. Not a big deal but it does create more shade than some people might prefer. Balconies on lower decks will get better sunlight.

Back to my cabin specifically, there was a lot of noise in the middle of the night coming from above. Even though I believe the area directly above was carpeted (I tried to figure it out), the galley area of the Windjammer must have been close enough because when pots and pans were dropped and things moved around (which seemed to happen all night especially in rough seas) boy could I hear it in this cabin! Several times it did wake me up from a sound sleep. During the day I really didn't hear any noise, and also this was a connecting cabin and I never heard a thing from next door. The soundproofing between cabins is excellent.

I loved the cabin itself (of course all the standard balcony cabins are pretty much the same). Location not so much. I would pick a lower deck with cabins above and below if I had the choice. My cabin also had the sofa by the balcony door which I preferred. I just like the sitting area near the balcony and I think it makes the cabin seem larger. My friend had the reverse arrangement and it just didn't seem as big, and also in his cabin he didn't have as much above storage space. In my cabin we had cabinets above both the bed and sofa. In his cabin I think the cabinets were only above the bed. Just a personal preference.

Hope this helps.

We had 13302, like a lot of folks on the TA we were upgraded 2 weeks before the sailing, however this cabin was right under a galley area of the Windjammer and we could hear trolleys and noise intermittently thoroughly the day and night. My husband did go up there one morning at 4.30 to see exactly where it was coming from and it was a dishwashing area.

To be fair the staff were not aware that it could be heard in the cabins below but they obviously have a job to do.

So while it was a lovely cabin we wouldn't choose this area of deck 13 if we were picking our own cabin.

Also curious about this, I'm in 13282 (on the other side of you). I sail Dec 27th, when is your cruise?

we sail in February....I moved my cabin. it seems there are people on both sides like you and me...that heard noise. I had some good options on level 12, so I'm going for that. Best of luck and enjoy.