Another white pants question.

I bought this pair of white crop pants that I LOVE. However, when you wear them, you can see the outline of the pockets through them. HOW do I eliminate this? I thought of just taking out the pockets, but before I do this does anyone else have any suggestions? I know this is a silly question, but I HATE the look of the pockets showing through! Thanks in advance.

Tamela

Tamela: I would be interested in what other people post, too. As a sewer, the only thing that I can offer is to cut the pockets and then tack them, but I simply cannot visualize how it will make the pocket, thereafter, look. White is a hard color, isn't it?

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=FFA000&cdt=2005;04;02;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

OUR NEXT ONWARD JOURNEY!

Well, the only thing I can think of is a pair of white lycra long shorts of some kind: biking, smoother type garment. It will lighten up the background against the pockets.

Take the pants when you try on the under garment.

Otherwise, it's cut off the pockets and sew up the seam.

Peggy - RCI since 1973

• 2 weeks later...

I've been looking for white crop pants for weeks now that don't have pockets showing through. I just don't think they exist.

A friend told me that you can have a tailor cut off the pockets and sew up the seams. That would probably work fine for front pockets, especially if they're in the seam already.

I don't know how that would look for back pockets though. Instead of big white "patches" showing through, you'd have big seams running across your backside. Why on earth do women's pants and shorts have back pockets anyway? Does anyone ever use their back pocket?

A few weeks ago, I ordered some white crops from Draper and Damons and had them shipped to my local store. They're supposed to be heavier weight for just this problem. They've finally arrived, so I'll stop by after work tonight and try them on.

I'll let you know if they are suitable or not.

T

I've been looking for white crop pants for weeks now that don't have pockets showing through. I just don't think they exist.

Oh yes they do! I bought a pair at Casual Corner yesterday....for 1/2 price. They're cotton with a touch of spandex, with no pockets!!!! I liked them so well that I bought another pair in black. I just checked their website and saw some but didn't see the ones I bought.

I had a similar problem with a pair of yellow pants last year. I actually bought fabric paint from Michael's in a color that matched my skin. It took some careful detail work, but I was able to paint the front side of the pockets so the pale color wasn't standing out against my tanned skin underneath. I'm a serious pocket person and wouldn't dream of doing away with them in any garment.

Hi girls! Do you find that slacks with NO pockets make you look slimmer? I do. :eek: I just can't wear slacks with side pockets because they make my hips expandddddddddddddddd !!! :mad:

I also try to look for side zip slacks. They seem to have a slimming effect. ;)

pants with no pockets are much more slimming. I always try to buy flat-front pants. Unfortunately I haven't been able to find any flat front white crops in a material that I am happy with (most of them have material that his heavier than I like). I have been wearing the crop pants I have with the pockets and needless to say the pockets haven't been as much of a problem as I originally anticipated.

It's such a shame that most of the clothing manufacturers are too stupid to use the right fabric for pockets in white pants. AArrgghh!!!

I used to work for a clothing company (Pendleton) that solved the problem really well. In all their white pants, the pockets were made from nude colored fabric (like the color we wear for our bra's & panties under whites). The fabic was extremely thin, so there was a no excess bulk problem and the nude color never showed through even the thinnest white fabrics. I love companies that put a little thought into their products!

If any of you sew, you might be able to change the fabric. I can barely sew a button on, so for me, most of the white pants end up back on the rack. I'm not walking around with big, white "patches" on my thighs and butt from ugly pocket linings!

Jane

• 2 weeks later...

If you cut out the pockets and sew up the seams where do you put the used tissues that come out in the wash and STICK to everything that you don't want them to stick too???? Just having fun here Judy

Archived