Sold out excursions?

chrismch

We booked our cruise late and just tried to add excursions to get the "your world" discount. However, two of the 5 we wanted are sold out. We asked to be put on the wait list, but the person at Oceania said waitlisted tours do not count. So we either need to add two others to get the discount or just go with the 3 and pay full price.

Here's my questions, if any of you know the answer. When excursions are wait listed, do they add additional tours? If we cancelled two once we got on the ship with the other two on the wait list becoming available, would we still get the discount? Or since they weren't "booked" only wait listed would we not get it?

When excursions are wait listed, do they add additional tours?

In my experience, they add another bus/boat

1) if enough people are waitlisted to make the effort worthwhile.

2) if the excursion provider on shore has more capacity and can be reached in time.

This happened to us once on a Panama Canal cruise. The provider filled three (!!!) more busses and boats in the afternoon and the guides worked two shifts. Our ship was HAL.

With some other excursions it's simply not possible.

Unfortuntely, the 25% discount only applies to those booked before the cruise. Those booked on board receive a 10% discount. While I have no direct experience, try booking anything ahead of time to get the discount, then cancel and rebook aboard. No guarantee it will work. The worst that could happen is you will be in the same situation you are now.

some excursions they cannot add capacity because in some ports, especially in the South Pacific, there is limited excess of excursion vehicle (and such things as boats for snorkelling/diving/ etc) capacity.

Hi,

I was on the November 1 sailing of the Insignia, and I was waitlisted by Oceania reservations for an excursion in Grand Cayman. When we boarded, there was a note in our stateroom saying that the waitlist had cleared, along with tickets for the excursion. The excursion was originally billed at full price, but when I brought it to the attention of Destination Services onboard, an adjustment was made to reflect the multiple excursion discount. I hope this helps.

Regards,

Dean