Back at Sea Again ~ Liberty of The Seas 4 Day Western Caribbean ~ Photo Review

mpoole3

Finally our Fries and Onion rings came out! For those that have never been you don't have to order the sides, they just come out with Ranch!

IMG_5374_zps6112eb93.jpg

They even started signing for us. I mean where else can you get unlimited food, the most break-taking view, and live music!

IMG_5376_zpsda3b1b60.jpg

My cruising style is pretty boring, I eat breakfast and then never leave the poolside until dinner. Okay I might hop away for a fast lunch and return, but I never spend time exploring and having fun around the ship.

After Johnny Rockets I wanted to take Courtney around the ship a bit.

We headed up to the sports deck to see the flowrider. There was plenty of seats to just sit and get some amazing pictures!

Notice Cuba in the background.

IMG_5385_zps02391f72.jpg

I would do anything to get these pictures to the owners, I love surprising people with some great shots they didn't know were taken.

IMG_5387_zps72c9d5dc.jpg

IMG_5386_zps5a8f52a1.jpg

IMG_5381_zps7d5db039.jpg

Edited by mpoole3

In all my 19 cruises, I've never climbed the Rock Wall. I did go once on the Oasis, but they told me the wall was too hot. One of these days I'm going to do this!!

I thought this was a great view from this angle.

IMG_5390_zps4e4c35dc.jpg

I used this on ships as a child, but have never even thought about putting since. Does anyone play a quick game when they are cruising? It's always so empty.

IMG_5388_zps4baa4935.jpg

The problem with four day cruises, is you cannot do it all. I'm sad to report this was my one and only time in the viking crown lounge. I usually spend a lot of time up here, since the Diamond lounge is right next door.

If you ever get a chance, watching the sunset's from this view is pretty special.

IMG_5394_zps03e29894.jpg

Look at all the people!!! I forgot how many people these ships can hold.

IMG_5393_zpsb9dda6a5.jpg

This was also my only time in the Diamond Lounge during the cruise. Since I was taking a first timer, I just didn't feel like going since she could not join me.

I noticed two things, they have great outdoor seating connected to the diamond lounge and it looks very out of date. Like I said in the intro I've been cruising Enchantment recently, but their decor is very modern looking compared to this.

I also those this lounge was small? Has anyone been in here during the evenings and can report if it's packed?

IMG_5403_zpsb94b256d.jpg

Right after I took the picture of the lounge I looked to my right and saw a sail boat! Can you imagine how large we looked to them?

IMG_5405_zpsb5e12b72.jpg

Edited by mpoole3

Since we were already upstairs I thought we would take a quick trip to the chapel. This was recently removed on the Oasis of The Seas, during dry dock, so I'm guessing these are being phased out.

IMG_5400_zpsa47582cf.jpg

IMG_5401_zpsd5bd027a.jpg

Anyone getting married on The Liberty, please tell the Bride, she gets her OWN room, I mean closet... "Bride Room"

IMG_5402_zps3e919f31.jpg

I know I could have worn my clothes to dinner, but I didn't want to. I was on holiday with my girlfriend for four days, and I enjoy dressing up. I don't judge those who wear jeans to the dinning room, but I won't ever step foot in there with jeans on. That's just part of me enjoy my vacation, cleaning up for a nice romantic dinner.

I actually appreciate your frustrations. On our last cruise on Allure my bag showed up very late. All I wanted to do was take a shower and change into clean clothes before dinner but I just kept waiting.

My tolerance level on the first day of the cruise always seems to be a bit low. Lines, heat, feeling grimey, and a little sleep deprived all starts to get to me. I can remember at times thinking to myself after getting on a ship that this would be my last cruise as I'm not having fun. But after a shower and a good night sleep I wake up and it is all good. I remember why I love cruising!

Edited by Ocean Boy

. My guess is a US Coast Guard inspection, since they are just 5 days back from Europe.

Has anyone ever waited this long to board before?

Hello from the biggest city named Columbus in America! I am like you, I always want to be the first on board and start my vacation ASAP. The longest I waited was 45 minutes for Freedom in Miami, but I was a lowly gold then. It was reported one B2B passenger couldn't be accounted for and that delayed boarding. Just from experiences I have read here I will probably wait to board if I ever board right after a ship's repositioning. Thanks for the excellent pics.

The problem with four day cruises, is you cannot do it all. I'm sad to report this was my one and only time in the viking crown lounge. I usually spend a lot of time up here, since the Diamond lounge is right next door.

If you ever get a chance, watching the sunset's from this view is pretty special.

Great review! We leave on a week from today on the Liberty, can't wait!

Question, do you know or did you notice if kids are allowed in the Viking Lounge? I'd like to have a drink with the wife during sunset up there, but we are bringing our 4 year old this time.

Great review! We leave on a week from today on the Liberty, can't wait!

Question, do you know or did you notice if kids are allowed in the Viking Lounge? I'd like to have a drink with the wife during sunset up there, but we are bringing our 4 year old this time.

This is from the Cruise Compass on Liberty last week:

"Please note that after 10:0 PM the Viking Crown Lounge, which includes Olive or Twist, is for adults 18 and older only."

So I think you are fine to take your child with you as long as it is before 10pm.

This is from the Cruise Compass on Liberty last week:

"Please note that after 10:0 PM the Viking Crown Lounge, which includes Olive or Twist, is for adults 18 and older only."

So I think you are fine to take your child with you as long as it is before 10pm.

Thank you! Greatly appreciated.

Do you happen to remember which menus were served in the MDR?

I don't recall completely, but I know I had lasagna night 1 & prime rib night 4.

My guess is surf and turf was night 2, but you will see shortly I didn't eat in the dinning room night 2.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I'm going to be honest I truly enjoyed my time exploring around the Liberty on a sea day. I've never explored like this on a sea day, since my butt never leaves a pool chair.

Next stop was the royal promenade and we ran across the cupcake shop teaching a class.

IMG_5408_zps88a01a2e.jpg

IMG_5411_zpsb7d2888b.jpg

I was telling the G/F about how this venue used to be a face shaving for men last time I was on Liberty. This picture was taken in 2008.

10400498_582469504375_6393_n_zps64a7efcf.jpg

As we were walking down, I said let's stop for a pint or three!

Hoof & Claw was my go to spot, as I'm a beer junkie. I will admit most of the higher quality beers are excluding from the menu, but I enjoyed quit a few Long Hammer IPA's.

I had the drink package, so I just kept trying different beers throughout the cruise. I know, we spent a day in Mexico, and I know I get free drinks each evening. But I like having everything paid for and can drink as much or as little as I want.

IMG_5414_zps8fd112a2.jpg

IMG_5244_zps6f9b6347.jpg

Back to the room time to get ready for Formal night and the Captains reception.

No idea how this happen but this is the only picture I took of our cabin.

E2 7342 - Very first cabin you see entering the hallway.

IMG_5417_zpsa66628aa.jpg