Your thoughts on FOS?

NOSaints1

How is the food on the ship, is there enough to eat, onboard activities what is there to do during the day when your not in port? How is the entertainment, what kind of entertainment is there at night? How is this ship as your first Royal ship or would it be better to stick to a ship like Allure?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

How is the food on the ship, is there enough to eat, onboard activities what is there to do during the day when your not in port? How is the entertainment, what kind of entertainment is there at night? How is this ship as your first Royal ship or would it be better to stick to a ship like Allure?

You will never never go short of food and dining options on any cruise ship...

FOS is a lovely ship and I much prefer her to the larger ship, sister to Allure, Oasis. Just feels more personal and personable! I would deffo try FOS first with RCCL. but thats just mho.

We are going on the Freedom next month for the 3rd time. Totally love the sea days and there is plenty to do if you want to get involved. I like going to the gym and just soaking up the sun on the top deck away from any kids. I am a teacher and this is my break from little ones. Our 24 years is going with us and we all love this ship. No need to go on a bigger ship since we wouldn't do most of the activities. How can there possibly not be enough food on a cruise ship? All of it might not be great but it is impossible to go hungry. I love the little sandwiches on the promenade for a snack.

We were on Carnival two weeks ago and found the food the same everyday and things seem to close early and there wasn't enough to do.

We're sailing the FOS in 3 weeks, we haven't sailed RCCL in 8 years. We have usually sailed Carnival & the food "availability" is our one concern as we approach our trip. The last 2 cruises were on Liberty (Carnival), where there was a burger bar & a Mexican eatery (both free and open quite often), in addition to the buffet during lunch/dinner. We ate there so often, particularly in that odd 2-3:00 p.m. hour when we had just boarded the ship from a day on the islands. The one time we sailed RCCL, we found it very hard to find good food during that time period (returning to the ship after being on the island). I'm hoping we are surprised to find more availability than we remember.

You're right...sometimes, between hours, the WJ is closed...but there's always room service, and something somewhere....might not be a burger, but there IS food somewhere!!! I've found that between meals, the WJ usually has cookies, and "snacks" out....

It's been a year ago since being on the Freedom we took our 3 adult kids and new son-in-law (22-26) and they kept pretty busy on sea days which is good for my very active family!

If I recall right the Windjammer usually had a snack between lunch and supper hours. They had things like salad, hamburgers, hotdogs, sometimes nachos & many different items. They usually close around 4:30? till 6 or 6:30 while they get ready for dinner.

We always have plenty to eat and hardly ever get a chance to get hungry, and like someone posted some thing don't taste as good as others, but IMO if you think everything is terrible and your hungry you are just to fussy!