Tender port?

Princess Nancy

Where do I find out if my ports are tender ports?

We are going to Nassau, Grand Turk, San Juan & st. Thomas.

We are cruising to celebrate our 25 anniversary.

What excursions are a must do?

Thanks!!!

It will be on your itinerary, but all of those are docked ports. There are only a few tender ports-Grand Cayman, Belize, just to name a couple.

I don't know that there are really any "must do" excursions for all. Everyone has different interests.

Edited by BND

It will be on your itinerary, but all of those are docked ports. There are only a few tender ports-Grand Cayman, Belize, just to name a couple.

I don't know that there are really any "must do" excursions for all. Everyone has different interests.

Thanks! I have clicked all over my itinerary and don't see that info. Glad you shared!

You have all docked ports. Like pp said, everyone has different interests when it comes to what to do in ports. I have now been to all of those.

Nassau isn't a great port. If you have tons of money, you could go check out Atlantis, which would be cool. Otherwise, I would just walk around town (Queens Staircase & the fort) and walk to the nearby Junkanoo Beach. That would be a very easy, cheap $1 day.

Grand Turk is spectacular. The beach right by the port is beautiful. Margaritaville has a beautiful, large pool as well. I went snorkeling out in front of the beach, and was pleasantly surprised to see plenty of fish out there. The beach chairs are all free there. Margaritaville makes their money mostly on drink sales.

San Juan is also really nice. There are 2 nice forts there, $5 to get into both. The beaches are not all that great, at least not the ones that are reasonable to get to. We stayed at a hotel near the airport, and the beach was good, but not great. I don't think it would be worth the cab ride there and back unless you just really wanted a beach. But Grand Turk & St Thomas are far better beaches.

St Thomas is one of my favorites. For beach & snorkeling, take the ferry over to St. John and go to Trunk Bay. SPECTACULAR!!!!!! Go there on your own, so that you'll have a ton more time compared to going through the cruiseline. The snorkeling is fantastic, and the beach might be the most beautiful in the world. If you prefer to stay on St. Thomas, you could go to Magens Bay for a nice (but crowded) beach, but there's no snorkeling. For good snorkeling, go out to Coki Beach. The beach is small & can get crowded, but the snorkeling is amazing! And the views are great. Sapphire Beach is a very beautiful beach, less crowded & great views; not sure if it has snorkeling. Just take cabs to any of these.

This is what Google had to say:

list of Carnival ships tendering ports include: Cabo San Lucas, Santa Catalina, Catalina Island (in Dominican Republic), Cannes, Belize City, Half Moon Cay (CCL’s private island), Little Stirrup Cay (aka Coco Cay, a RCCL’s private island), Grand Cayman, Ixtapa, Hawaii (Kona and Lahaina), Newport RI, Sitka and in South Pacific (Moorea, Bora Bora, Suva).

Possible tender required cruise ports: Cozumel, Ketchikan, Dubrovnik and Katakolon. The ships calling on these ports in bad weather will anchor at a safer area, and their passengers will be tendered to the pier. Note: the Cozumel cruise port (one of the world’s most popular call ports) has 3 piers named: “Puerta Maya” (the main), “International” and “Punta Langosta”.