Star Princess

s1amblue

Has anyone experiences Aloha deck aft cabin A743? We think location near Terrace pool would be great but not sure if this area would have smoke drift from designated smoking areas. Also balcony size - normal? Noise from buffet seating above? Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi there, we sailed in A743 on the Caribbean Princess and are currently booked in the same cabin on the Star in February. We loved this cabin because of its proximity to the Terrace pool and bar and the Buffet. We did not notice noise from the Horizon Court or any smoke. The Terrace pool was our pool of choice so it was really convenient for us. The balcony on the CP was the same size as other balconies on the Aloha deck but can't say for sure on the Star but I am assuming it will be very similar. I hope this has helped! Happy Cruising!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Aloha and Baja cabins have the smaller balconies. A743 is on the starboard side of the ship so smoking on the port side should not be an issue. The area of the HC seating above is minimal as the room narrows down at that point with only a few tables.

The Star has a modified HC layout with a dessert area separate from the usual HC layout and just outside it. Also the big walls in other grand class HCs has been removed and replaced with simple railings It seems to have made the congestion in the HC serving area run smoother.

We were told last night (we left the Star this morning) that after the cruise to HI that left today, the ship was going into drydock for 10 days refurbishment.

BTW the ship left port after 7 PM on our cruise to the western Mexico coast and left port late today for HI. We were told it was due to all the supplies not having been loaded on time. We did see several ship officers on the dock "assisting" with the loading.

Edited by satxdiver