NCL Pearl

snorkelinggirl

I will be going on the Pearl next year. I am trying to find out all I can about this ship...

My best advice to "find out all you can" is to

1 - read reviews from the review section

2 - scroll down through these boards from the past few weeks

3 - If you still want more, search on Pearl

Then come back and ask any specific questions, folks will be glad to help.

I've been on the Pearl twice. But it's been a few years. We've also been on the Jewel twice, which is the sister ship to the Pearl.

We loved this ship. We liked the size.

We enjoyed the food in both main dining rooms, but we are not picky about food. We don't eat out much at home, so it's a real treat eating out anywhere for me!!!! ha!

The Summer Palace has a nicer atmosphere in my opinion. Nice and bright, with big windows for a nice view.

Make sure you go to the bridge viewing room. We didn't even know it existed on our first cruise aboard the Pearl, but we read about it here on CC. It's interesting to see the bridge and there are memorabilia on the walls of the room.

We loved the Spinnaker Lounge. There are a lot of activities hosted there, but at other times of the day, it's a nice quiet place to relax and gaze out at the ocean.

Our favorite spot on the ship is The Great Outdoors at the back of the ship. It's an outdoor area with seating at tables. We often brought our food from the buffet out to this area and sat and ate. Some seating is under cover, so if the weather is lousy, you can still sit there. There's also a smaller buffet style option at the Great Outdoors. There's often snacks served there at different times during the day.

I think the Pearl served made-to-order crepes like the Jewel does. They are served near the Buffet at a crepe station. During the day, it's called the sandwich station. The start serving these at around 5 or so. Can't remember the exact time. They are delicious!!!!

If you want some quicker sit-down dining, try O'Sheehans (used to be called The Blue Lagoon). It's a smallish menu, but we enjoyed the food. You can get window seating, or also seating is available overlooking the Atrium. We enjoyed watching the people below. O'Sheehans is open 24 hours, so it's a good dining choice late at night.

If the weather is lousy, you can still sit outside. There is covered seating at the Pool area. We were on Alaska cruises, so when it was cool or raining, we often sat here and relaxed and viewed the ocean.

hmmmm.....that's all I can think of that I can offer for information. Have a super cruise. I think you will really like this ship!!!! We sure did!

We were on the Pearl in October. I'll just piggyback on shealea's comments (Mine in red).

I've been on the Pearl twice. But it's been a few years. We've also been on the Jewel twice, which is the sister ship to the Pearl.

We loved this ship. We liked the size. Ditto

We enjoyed the food in both main dining rooms, but we are not picky about food. We don't eat out much at home, so it's a real treat eating out anywhere for me!!!! ha!

The Summer Palace has a nicer atmosphere in my opinion. Nice and bright, with big windows for a nice view. Yes much airier and views are great. Make sue to get a table by the rear windows at breakfast too!

Make sure you go to the bridge viewing room. We didn't even know it existed on our first cruise aboard the Pearl, but we read about it here on CC. It's interesting to see the bridge and there are memorabilia on the walls of the room. A must do on the Pearl!

We loved the Spinnaker Lounge. There are a lot of activities hosted there, but at other times of the day, it's a nice quiet place to relax and gaze out at the ocean. The loungers that look like beds are a little weird though. Lots of sleeping cruisers during the day.

Our favorite spot on the ship is The Great Outdoors at the back of the ship. It's an outdoor area with seating at tables. We often brought our food from the buffet out to this area and sat and ate. Some seating is under cover, so if the weather is lousy, you can still sit there. There's also a smaller buffet style option at the Great Outdoors. There's often snacks served there at different times during the day. Ditto, We loved the views.

I think the Pearl served made-to-order crepes like the Jewel does. They are served near the Buffet at a crepe station. During the day, it's called the sandwich station. The start serving these at around 5 or so. Can't remember the exact time. They are delicious!!!!

If you want some quicker sit-down dining, try O'Sheehans (used to be called The Blue Lagoon). It's a smallish menu, but we enjoyed the food. You can get window seating, or also seating is available overlooking the Atrium. We enjoyed watching the people below. O'Sheehans is open 24 hours, so it's a good dining choice late at night. Nice to sit by the window on a rainy day. Don't know if the menu changed with it going to O'Sheehans but if they still have the chicken wings try them!!

If the weather is lousy, you can still sit outside. There is covered seating at the Pool area. We were on Alaska cruises, so when it was cool or raining, we often sat here and relaxed and viewed the ocean.

hmmmm.....that's all I can think of that I can offer for information. Have a super cruise. I think you will really like this ship!!!! We sure did!

There are two bowling lanes in the Bliss lounge on deck 7. We didn't try them but they looked fun. Go to Bliss anyways just to see the decor :eek: I won't say anything more - gotta see it for yourself!

My missus and I have sailed the Pearl twice, with a cruise coming up in a few days on her and yet another next December. It is a very nice ship, the crew is great and plenty of dining choices.

You can view some videos from our cruises on the link below in my signature.

Enjoy your cruise!