Currently on board the 11/23 Quantum sailing

Tyron

I have seen Internet package prices for the TA but what about for this 8 day cruise? If you got a package did it include texting between two devices on-board through Royal IQ or was that a separate cost and if so how much?

I'm pretty sure the texting through Royal IQ is separate from the internet package price. When you go into the Royal IQ app, you can go into the area to "chat" and even "call" somebody else on the app. In the beginning you have to purchase the package. But, the fee for our trip was listed as "free," although you still had to complete the transaction.

@ cruisingator2. I'm confident the kinks and issues will disappear when the Anthem debuts.

Unfortunately, RC is going to learn a hard lesson with the Quantum. I've NEVER heard so many

people complaining and upset. Most of the complaints were the same....tech, service and dining problems.

Most of the crew are on board temporarily and some not by choice. A huge portion will leave the ship

between March-April.

@ Darren. I agree...the speed the first day or so was awesome but diminished quickly after that.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Most of the crew are on board temporarily and some not by choice. A huge portion will leave the ship

between March-April.

That's interesting -- any idea why / where they're going after they leave?

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Some requested the Anthem and others said they'd like to return to their previous ships

Most requested the Quantum before the decision was made to reposition to China.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Some requested the Anthem and others said they'd like to return to their previous ships

Most requested the Quantum before the decision was made to reposition to China.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Makes sense. It would certainly be good news for Anthem's early success if it is starting with a bunch of crew with Quantum experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

I have seen Internet package prices for the TA but what about for this 8 day cruise? If you got a package did it include texting between two devices on-board through Royal IQ or was that a separate cost and if so how much?
I think the internet package does not include what you are looking for. If one wants to texts through the Royal IQ, I thought I read it is $14.95 per device.

between March-April.

I wonder if this could be a cause of concern for those of us who are cruising during that time frame. Having so many new crew members may result in the same issues with service for the remaining time before she leaves to China.:rolleyes:

LOL @ LILLIE. No cruise to China for me. I'm hoping RC resolves ALL the issues with the Quantum.

It's such a beautiful ship but plagued with a lot of unnecessary issues.

I did book the Dec 12, 2015 Anthem.

LOL @ LILLIE. No cruise to China for me. I'm hoping RC resolves ALL the issues with the Quantum.

It's such a beautiful ship but plagued with a lot of unnecessary issues.

I did book the Dec 12, 2015 Anthem.

Yes, I too hope ALL Quantum issues will be resolved and hopefully Anthem won't see a repeat of them.

I will eventually sail Quantum while she is in China but I will give her some time to settle into her new environment as I'm sure there will be plenty of challenges at first.

Oh good, I will look into that sailing of Anthem myself. Hope I can get a few to come along with me as the pricing on the Family Junior Suite looks pretty good if you go with 4 in the cabin. Is there a reason you chose that date?