Entertainment on the Island

LaurieCM

Oh come on people :rolleyes:

LaurieCM - Hopefully someone who has been on the Island Princess recently will come along soon and give you the information you're seeking.

Duhhhhh. I must have had a senior moment, and having only sailed once on Princess Criuses, I did not realize OP that he was referring to the Island Princess ship. :D

Can't entertainment be found in a posted Pratter?

Regards, and "may you sail in interesting times". :p

King

Edited by Kingofcool1947

Since entertainment - especially guest entertainers, but also production shows - vary from cruise to cruise, maybe the OP should have specified a time frame?

And can someone tell me what's going to be on MUTS on my July 2015 sailing? I want to make plans....

We returned from a phenomenal trip on the Island on November 15 and are happy to report the excellent entertainment included a great live band, Fusion on the Lido deck, a live trio in the atrium as well as probably the best production shows we've ever seen by the Island singers and dancers. As mentioned, the Bayou show is top notch. Most nights there were two different shows--a combination of comedians and/or singers. The cruise directors staff frequently had an evening "game show" type activity in the Explorers Bar. There was a hypnotist who was not so entertaining... Of course, there were also MUTS (movies or football) on the big screen on the Lido deck and movies in the Princess Theater. There were more options than we had the energy to see.

Since this is the Princess forum, not a destination forum I assumed CCers would know that I meant the ship, not an island. We are traveling in March and because the ship is going into dry dock in the spring it seems likely that they won't change any of the big shows- I know that singers/comedians some and go. I was really surprised at some of the responses...

Since this is the Princess forum, not a destination forum I assumed CCers would know that I meant the ship, not an island. We are traveling in March and because the ship is going into dry dock in the spring it seems likely that they won't change any of the big shows- I know that singers/comedians some and go. I was really surprised at some of the responses...

I'm not sure why people misunderstood your question. This is the Princess Cruise Line forum and you had capitalized the word Island. Don't feel bad about the negative comments. Most of the people on CC are polite and helpful.

Happy cruising. It's a great way to travel.

Edited by JimAOk1945

Here's a list of the November 2014 Entertainment Highlights for the Island Princess:

Production Shows

Do You Wanna Dance

On the Bayou

Motor City

Piano Man

Comic - Derrick Cameron

Ventriloquist - Don Bryan

Vocal Impressionist - Jason Nelstadt

Vocalist - Jamila

Musical Comedy - John Bressler

Tribute Act - Bobby Brooks Wilson

Comedy Magic - Lorenzo Clark

Comic - Rollin Jay Moore

Instrumentalist - Craig Richard

Crooner's - A. J. Clarke

Party Band - Fusion

Wheelhouse Band - Mozaica

Some of the new movies played on MUTS were Saving Mr. Banks, Godzilla, The Fault in Our Stars, Maleficent, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes, Jersey Boys, Million Dollar Arm, Non-Stop, Guardians of the Galaxy, Let's be Cops, and Draft Day. On Sundays, there were three different football games shown.

This may not be the exact entertainment for your cruise, but it will be similar.