Royal, January 8, 2015 20 days sold out

lrockwitt

I have a TBA cabin for the January 8, 2015 20 day sailing. It is all sold out except for some obstructed balconies. Mine is an interior cabin. Does Princess hold some cabins back for these TBA? I know I have asked this question before. I am just curious how these TBA's are assigned when all is sold out?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Does Princess hold some cabins back for these TBA? I am just curious how these TBA's are assigned when all is sold out?

Of course they do. You have a "Guarantee" because you aren't concerned about exactly which cabin you get, not because you aren't concerned if there is a cabin on the sailing left for you at all.

I watched a cruise recently through the process of selling out on Pacific Princess. There were about 100 of the 300 or so cabins available with only 6 weeks left until the sailing date. They put on a "New Bookings Only" sale and cabins started to sell. When they were down to about 50 cabins left the sailing went "Sold Out". Then a day or two later a few cabins became available and I could see just over 50 cabins to choose from and then the sailing quickly returned to sold out.

This told me that there were about 50 Guarantees that had yet to be assigned their cabins at that moment. When the number of cabins sold matched the number of cabins on the ship the sailing went to Sold Out. When a few cabins became available due to cancellations there were now more than 50 cabins to choose from. A couple more were sold (or a couple of new Guarantees were booked) and the sailing went back to Sold Out.

We had an Obstructed OV Guarantee. We were assigned an Obstructed OV cabin four days before the sailing date. 24 hours before the sailing date we were upgraded to a balcony.

Terry