Whoever said you can't feel the boat rock on the Allure.....

debbs0723

I so look forward to getting on the Sister ship in the new year. Glad to see you are having fun and enjoying the cruise!

I find that the motion of the ship is the best part of the cruise, although lately my tummy has vastly different ideas.

I wonder what would happen if some of today's cruiser's felt the rocking and rolling from 30 - 40 years ago.

Was on a cruise of the Mediterranean in the mid 70's and had a deck 2 porthole, it was freaky to see the swells pass the porthole and back down again. Getting off the ship was a hoot, because oncevyou had your sea legs, solid ground felt like it was moving.

Edited by Valiamo

We were on a bridge tour today. They said the stabilizers were not being used because of the direction of the swells. They could be deployed but the only effect they would have would be to slow the ship down. We love it, the more motion the better.

And fwiw, 3 of the 6 engines were being used today.

We were on a bridge tour today. They said the stabilizers were not being used because of the direction of the swells. They could be deployed but the only effect they would have would be to slow the ship down. We love it, the more motion the better.

And fwiw, 3 of the 6 engines were being used today.

Stabilizers can only improve the rolling to left and right but not the rocking up and down. if you want to feel real movements try any (big) Cargo Ship that in general do not have not such tools. Wind directly from the front slows down the ship and against waves from the same direction stabilizers do not help.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I so look forward to getting on the Sister ship in the new year. Glad to see you are having fun and enjoying the cruise!

I find that the motion of the ship is the best part of the cruise, although lately my tummy has vastly different ideas.

I wonder what would happen if some of today's cruiser's felt the rocking and rolling from 30 - 40 years ago.

Was on a cruise of the Mediterranean in the mid 70's and had a deck 2 porthole, it was freaky to see the swells pass the porthole and back down again. Getting off the ship was a hoot, because oncevyou had your sea legs, solid ground felt like it was moving.

It was an experience getting on/off the tenders. LOL