Flights out of Miami

bitofun

Everything bought and paid for except for my return flight at the end of my April 25, 2015 cruise. We cruise on the Glory out of Port of Miami. Looking right now and can get a decent rate with departure at 10:52 AM. I know Carnival's site recommends earliest flights out of MIA 11:30. I have FTTF and have always done self assist. I know last cruise we were off the Victory before 8 and I think we got to the Miami airport around 8:30.

Any thoughts and/or past experiences?

Everything bought and paid for except for my return flight at the end of my April 25, 2015 cruise. We cruise on the Glory out of Port of Miami. Looking right now and can get a decent rate with departure at 10:52 AM. I know Carnival's site recommends earliest flights out of MIA 11:30. I have FTTF and have always done self assist. I know last cruise we were off the Victory before 8 and I think we got to the Miami airport around 8:30.

Any thoughts and/or past experiences?

If you can exit the ship with priority debarkation, go right ahead and book your 10:52AM flight. A cab can get you to the airport by 8:45AM. I have done this many times and have made flights as early as 10AM.

Many people will tell you the MIA airport is a zoo, and from their perspective of arriving at noon or later, they are right. At 8:30 or 9AM however, the airport is hardly crowded. I also usually get TSA pre-checked and have priority at certain airlines, so I can breeze through the airport check in and security.

It's completely doable. The only thing to be aware of is that, if for some reason you do miss your flight (even if it's for something like the ship returning late), your travel insurance will NOT cover any of your added expenses (new flights, change fees, or any other related expenses) because you booked a flight outside of the guidelines.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by Tapi

Thanks for the responses. Got it booked! Serene56, thanks for the idea to check FLL. The only flights out of there that were less expensive were all early morning which wouldn't be doable.

Thrilled everything is totally done! All excursions booked and hotel in Miami for the night before :D And now both flights!!! Gonna be a great cruise!!!