Just Back from Jewel Garden Villa Cruise. Questions??

WildcatRock

Just back from a wonderful cruise on the Jewel and am sitting at Houston Hobby waiting on the flight home. Will post a review sometime in the upcoming week but would be happy to answer any questions you might have. Questions??

Sent from my XT1080 using Forums mobile app

We are so disappointed with the change in the upper deck on the Jewel and Gem GV since they have added the rooms on the 15th floor. The last two times we have sailed out of NYC on the Gem we have been on the wrong side to see the Statue of Liberty and had to leave our deck to see it. We traveled the Gem, Jewel and Jade in the GV last year but don't have any plans to sail those ships next year. Still love NCL and will continue sailing them but are reconsidering whether or not to spring for the GV.

We are so disappointed with the change in the upper deck on the Jewel and Gem GV since they have added the rooms on the 15th floor. The last two times we have sailed out of NYC on the Gem we have been on the wrong side to see the Statue of Liberty and had to leave our deck to see it. We traveled the Gem, Jewel and Jade in the GV last year but don't have any plans to sail those ships next year. Still love NCL and will continue sailing them but are reconsidering whether or not to spring for the GV.

There haven't been any changes to the Jewel's Garden Villa sun deck yet - we had A LOT of room. The hammock was up front along with several loungers, chairs and small tables.

Looking forward to your review of the Jewel. How did you get from the Houston Hobby airport to the ship? Taxi,Shuttle ETC. and what did it cost?

More questions to follow after reading your review.

We flew in the day before and had reserved a ride with a limo company that had been recommended to us by NCL. There were 6 in our group, half of which wanted to go to the Johnson Space Center and the other half wanted to go shopping. We did some research and discovered we could rent two cars for a day at a cost cheaper than the cost of the limo. Plus, the car rental company had a drop off location near our hotel.

We did use the limo service the next day to get us from the hotel (we stayed in Clear Lake) to the port at a cost of $102. NCL provided us with a ride today from the port to Hobby.

Which one were you in and what was the condition?

Not the OP, but I was in 14500 in June and it was in excellent shape. They had just replaced the carpet throughout.

Here's the link to my photos:

Edited by Cubechick

Which one were you in and what was the condition?

We were in 14000 and it was in good condition - had new carpet. The bed however was not very good. It was hard, didn't seem to be a Bliss bed. DW had difficulty sleeping the bed was so hard. Overall the Villa was great.