First time Celebrity

relaxlynn

We are just back from out first TA. We were on Serenade of the Seas in JS1100. We loved the corner aft so now I am in the process of booking our first Celebrity cruise on the Reflection Fall 2016 TA. I am looking at 1688 which looks like a corner aft. Can anyone tell me about this cabin. I looked on the Sticky and found afts on deck 10. They all mentioned window washing equipment obstructing part of the view. Will this also be a problem for deck 11?

The Aft corner cabins on every deck are S1's

I'm sorry I guess I should have said SS-1688. I am currently booked in that specific cabin and I am concerned about the window washing equipment that other people have referred to for the same cabins but on deck 10. This SS is on deck 11. Also people say that the corner aft S1's on deck 10 also have a window/porthole on the side. Does anyone know if this is also true for the SS-1688 on deck 11?

Thank you for any information

With 1688 on the Reflection, you will have a great aft view, but an obstructed view to the starboard side.

Thank you So do you know if the port side has the same problem and if all of the corner afts have the obstruction. Do they all have the side window? Sorry I am just now starting to learn about Celebrity ships so it's a long learning curve.

Here is a photo that shows the equipment (thumbnail and link). It shows the major part of the machine may be on your deck.:(

(When you click the link you can click the photo for magnification.) Hope that helps.:)

http://www.shipspotting.com/photos/big/1/2/4/1664421.jpg

1664421.jpg.c07be8ebd73b053f63bcf7702c2c16ac.jpg

Edited by AZNative2000

Deck seven avoids it. Deck eight has a little of it but if the winds are strong, it can actually make quite an unpleasant noise. Especially at 4am! Loved the cabin though. Our favorite cabins are aft corners. Had the 10th floor once, I believe for us, that was the most obstructed. Enjoy whichever you choose!