Best port hotels and transfer options in ft lauderdale

lovefamilytime

We will be arriving late the night before our March 21 Oasis cruise with seven people in our family. Any suggestions on airport transfers to a hotel, hotel suggestions for all of us to stay together somewhat reasonably and also how to get to the port the next morning?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

There are several hotels in the area that have free airport shuttle and also cruise shuttle too. We have used Fairfield Inn and Springhill Suites in Dania Beach a few times with good results.

Also check the Florida Departures board:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=495

Is there specific areas we should look in for hotels near the port? Is Dania beach near the port?

Dania Beach is just a few miles from the port. Takes 10-15 minutes to get to the port depending on traffic.

Holiday inn express has always been good for me. I travel 30 to 40 weeks a year and stay in them all over the country without a problem. A very decent hotel at a decent price. They have a decent breakfast in the morning as well.I do know that they offer a shuttle to the hotel from the airport. Its a short taxi ride to the cruise port from the hotel.

Info below.

Holiday Inn Express

Fort Lauderdale Airport Cruise terminal

1500 SE 17th Street Causeway

Fort Lauderdale , Florida

United States 33316

Hotel Front Desk: 1-954-7282577

Hampton Inn North Pier hands down best service. Their shuttle will take you anywhere within a mile of the hotel no charge. $10 per person to the pier. Beds were comfortable hotel was very clean. Breakfast area large enough to accommodate--

We like the Holiday Inn Express on 17th St. and the Embassy Suites just down the St. We often walk from HIE to the Embassy Suites for lunch.

Both hotels are within walking distance of shops and restaurants and both have a good breakfast.

Edited by cruiseapril