Hot water kettle?

malinka26

We like to drink hot water and make our own coffee (Aero Press). Can we bring a hot water kettle that plugs in to the wall? Alternatively, can we order hot water to our room? Can we visit any venues to get water hot enough for our own coffee or tea? Thank you!

We like to drink hot water and make our own coffee (Aero Press). Can we bring a hot water kettle that plugs in to the wall? Alternatively, can we order hot water to our room? Can we visit any venues to get water hot enough for our own coffee or tea? Thank you!

If you book a JS or better, you will have a kettle in your stateroom.

You can also order hot water from room service.

I don't believe they will allow you to bring your own kettle. However, if your stateroom does not have one, ask your stateroom attendant. Worth a try.

No problem. I forgot to mention that Royal puts kettles in all the staterooms when a ship is sailing out of the UK.

Hello,

Yes, and if they didn't there would be a riot!

Just to be on the safe side, I always carry my own kettle (the RCI one leaked last cruise). It's a travel kettle with plastic body and a solid 'plate' element not shaped one and I have never been stopped.

Regards,

Cublet

no you may NOT bring a kettle on Board.

if you are in a JS or up, there will be one in the cabin already. if the cruise departs from a UK port, they stock all cabins with them.

the hot water from RS is not a rolling boil and can often be served in a carafe that held coffee prior

We just completed a B2B on the Jewel a couple of weeks ago, we hate the coffee on board and always bring our own as well. Day 1 we ordered tea for 2 and received 2 thermal type carafes, we kept them for the entire 2 weeks and my DH and i took turns every morning going to the windjammer and filling up the 2 carafes with boiling water, it only took about 5 mins. and at least we were able to enjoy our own coffee in our room.

Cheers

no you may NOT bring a kettle on Board.

if you are in a JS or up, there will be one in the cabin already. if the cruise departs from a UK port, they stock all cabins with them.

the hot water from RS is not a rolling boil and can often be served in a carafe that held coffee prior

Hello,

The UK Terms and Conditions forbid "Coffee Makers" - no mention of kettles.

My coffee maker is on a par with the ones in the DL & CL so would cause serious damage to the poor baggage handlers if nothing else.

Regards,

Cublet