Millenium Chinese New Year 2016

jveevers

Was very interested in the January 31, 2016, Millenium , 14 day, Singapore to Singapore.

Up until a month ago Celebrity had it on their website and it is in the Brochure. Now it has dissapeared. Celebrity told my TA that it is fully booked which seems strange as it is 14 months away.

Does anyone know about this cruise, possibly all the bookings are being handled by an Asian TA .

Well, as you probably know, Chinese New Year is a big deal in Asia, and this itinerary has an overnight in Hong Kong, arriving 8am on the 8th (Lunar New Year) and leaving 8pm on the 9th. Suspect if it is sold out, it is full of Asians on vacation. Might even be chartered. Surprised I did not find it on cruisetimetables, but did find the itinerary on cruisecal under Itinerary Lookup. EM

We have booked the cruise through Celebrity - so it is not solely sold for Asian market. It is also one of Signature sailings so there was probably huge interest for it. When we made booking in October, there were only few Aqua class cabins left.

Edited by JezzaC

We booked in May and have been tracking the prices,there were lots of staterooms available,before it was removed.The cruise following has also disappeared :confused::)

Keep your eyes open.

This often says "charter" but not always. Lots if staterooms and then back-to-back disappearing, though, is suspicious.

As soon as we realized what a great itinerary this was, we booked a great AQ-1 cabin at a relatively low (AQ-2) price onboard Silhouette mid-April 14. We were lucky to be in the right place at the right time and had our pick of cabins :).

Early November we noticed AQ-1 cabins were disappearing fast and assumed this unique itinerary was simply getting the attention it deserved.

Imagine our surprise when a week later our TA called and offered a lower fare by moving us to one of "her" cabins - but retaining our original cabin number. We also kept the onboard booking OBC, Classic Drink pkg & TA OBC. The new deal also added prepaid gratuities!

I guess since my DW is Asian, we might have been singled out for extra-special consideration :rolleyes:. On the other hand, I suspect the remaining cabins for this Signature Cruise were simply scarfed up by TA's.

We'll really be :(:( if X cancels this cruise.

MARK

There will be a group of at least 100 Canadian doctors attending a conference on this cruise. I am unsure if I am allowed to link to the website of the company running the conference, but I am sure you can find it with some creative googling.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Really trying to get onto this cruise as it incorporates:- 1. Chinese New Year 2. Our Wedding Anniversary 3. Valentines Day(disembarkation day).

I have tried several TA, all say "not available".

Of those that are fortunate enough to be on it, did you get 123go?

And, really grateful if anyone does know where it can be booked, maybe a hint.

thanks all..

The ship is not chartered but because it is a very popular sailing; many TAs have group space.

It's just like the Solstice Apr 20 Honolulu to Vancouver...there is very limited space.

Still trying to find a TA that has this cruise on their inventory.

I guess that I could wait until final payment due as some will cancel but by that time the 123go will be gone.

The ship is not chartered but because it is a very popular sailing; many TAs have group space.

It's just like the Solstice Apr 20 Honolulu to Vancouver...there is very limited space.

We were getting a bit concerned as regards it being chartered too - do you have some 'inside' info that it is not chartered? Please.........[emoji45]

N

As the OP, I dont think that it is chartered. There is a roll-call on CC for this sailing with several people who have booked independently and some booked early days via Celebrity. Some have 123go which would not be on over if chartered.The sailing appears in Celebrity brochure. The Equinox is chartered for 14 days July/August but the sailing was never shown in Celebrity brochure or open for on-line bookings. I think its a situation where all cabins have been taken up by TA or several TA as they expect big demand.

Definitely not chartered! We have a group of 20 booked on this cruise. We all booked it mid October. Our T/A was trying to get a couple of extra rooms and hasnt been able to.

After a lot of emails and shopping around, I think I am onto something, fingers crossed I may have it booked in a day or two.

Not the Concierge that I wanted (fot the 123go all inc), but better than nothing.

After a lot of emails and shopping around, I think I am onto something, fingers crossed I may have it booked in a day or two.

Not the Concierge that I wanted (fot the 123go all inc), but better than nothing.

Booked... Got the Concierge that I wanted, came across a TA that has at least 20 Concierge and plenty other categories (no suites).

Funny how Celebrity has no availability themselves but a TA has plenty.

jkrenegade If you still want the extra 2 cabins it can be found with a US TA

Edited by jveevers

Booked... Got the Concierge that I wanted, came across a TA that has at least 20 Concierge and plenty other categories (no suites).

Funny how Celebrity has no availability themselves but a TA has plenty.

jkrenegade If you still want the extra 2 cabins it can be found with a US TA

Thanks for the update. I'm sure this info is a relief to everyone who has already booked, it certainly is to me. [emoji3]

• 4 weeks later...

With all the rumors about the cruise being chartered, I couldn't stand waiting any longer waiting for someone from Celebrity to call me, so I called the corporate office and insisted that the receptionist provide me with phone numbers for people that would know the answer. I was determined to actually talk to someone. I called all of the 4 numbers she provided and lucky for me, I reached the 4th person on the list. I talked to a very kind person in the deployment department (on the financial side) that confirmed that the cruise was officially chartered in November and will be divided into 3 separate cruises... 5day/5day/4 day. She was shocked that no one from the charter team has contacted me or anyone else on this board. I voiced my opinions of selling a highly publicized cruise to a charter. She seemed to understand my frustration, but could not provide a resolution. She only said that the past president of Celebrity was a huge advocate of chartering cruises, and she is hoping that with the new president, this will change. Unfortunately, now he is the president of RCCL. So I guess we should look forward to this type of thing happening on that side of the company.

booked concierge about 6 months ago, now checking my booking it shows up that i have no reservation, and I have had no notification and certainly no refund. Hoping this is just a glitch on their computer systems, so far I have had nothing but trouble booking my first cruise with celebrity and would not chose to do so again. Anyone else checked their booking lately?:mad::)

Phoned our auckland representative and she is not aware of charter or cancellation. She also says that site is down for maintenance thus booking will not show, and to check in two days, which I will do. I remain distrustful of this company, and am contemplating cancelling altogether and taking my holiday booking elsewhere.:eek:

Phoned our auckland representative and she is not aware of charter or cancellation. She also says that site is down for maintenance thus booking will not show, and to check in two days, which I will do. I remain distrustful of this company, and am contemplating cancelling altogether and taking my holiday booking elsewhere.:eek:

May I suggest you tell your auckland representative to call the Celebrity Corporate office and ask for anyone in the deployment department. I believe by now, everyone knows of the situation.

GOOD MORNING AND HAPPY NEW YEAR FOR ALL

We are french, and we receive yesterday a message from our international celebrity representative.

He confirm that the chinese new year cruise in 2016 is offcially chartered ans ask us if we want to go on an other cruise on the Millenium, or receive our money back.

we must give an answer in 10 days.

And we saw that in 2017, we don't find a cruise on the website during the chinese new year