Bahn.de questions

We are arriving in Frankfurt Germany of April 29 from USA, and immediately traveling by train to Antwerp.

We are arriving in Frankfurt because we could use frequent flier miles and get non-stop flights, and we have a lot of train travel experience in Europe.

How do we get from Frankfurt airport to train station (which train station?) in Frankfurt. We travel light with a carry-on and shoulder bag each.

I know we can prebook trains at discounted price. How much time before travel dates do the discounted rates appear online ?

All together, we will be traveling by train from Frankfurt to Antwerp, Antwerp to Amsterdam before cruise from Amsterdam, then after cruise Amsterdam to Berlin, Berlin to Prague, then Prague back to Frankfurt. Can we book each leg on Bahn.de and get the discounted rates?

How do we get from Frankfurt airport to train station (which train station?) in Frankfurt.
This one is easy: just use the station that's in the airport. When you're on bahn.de (this link should take you directly to the English version) you could use "Frankfurt(Main)Flugh" or "FRA Frankfurt Airport" as the starting point. If you just type "frankfurt airport" you should get offered the latter.
All together, we will be traveling by train from Frankfurt to Antwerp, Antwerp to Amsterdam before cruise from Amsterdam, then after cruise Amsterdam to Berlin, Berlin to Prague, then Prague back to Frankfurt. Can we book each leg on Bahn.de ... ?
I think you won't be able to get Antwep-Amsterdam, as bahn.de doesn't seem to sell tickets that don't touch Germany. But all of your other sectors do, and a quick look on bahn.de gives prices for them on at least some connections.

We are arriving in Frankfurt Germany of April 29 from USA, and immediately traveling by train to Antwerp.

We are arriving in Frankfurt because we could use frequent flier miles and get non-stop flights, and we have a lot of train travel experience in Europe.

How do we get from Frankfurt airport to train station (which train station?) in Frankfurt. We travel light with a carry-on and shoulder bag each.

I know we can prebook trains at discounted price. How much time before travel dates do the discounted rates appear online ?

All together, we will be traveling by train from Frankfurt to Antwerp, Antwerp to Amsterdam before cruise from Amsterdam, then after cruise Amsterdam to Berlin, Berlin to Prague, then Prague back to Frankfurt. Can we book each leg on Bahn.de and get the discounted rates?

Hi, Just to add a little to the previous post.

Discount fares will appear on the timetable and be available from 90 days before departure.

To book tickets for the Antwerp - Amsterdam leg I recommend the official Belgian rail site

https://www.b-europe.com/Travel

It is in English and the prices are good.

To book on DeutscheBahn I personally use

http://reiseauskunft.bahn.de/bin/query.exe/en

It is less cluttered, simpler and seems to be updated earlier than the other versions. This was something I discovered quite by accident and when booking ahead is quite important.

Happy cruising,

Anni

http://www.travelanni.webs.com

Edited by Travelanni

• 2 weeks later...

Everything said, what you need to know;

there is a railstation at the airport itself and

the earliest you can even buy tickets is 90 days in advance...

...but special fares will mostly only be valid on a certain connection

and if your flight or immigration is late than your ticket has no

worth anymore and you'll have to buy new tickets...