Tipping at Crown Grill

Pier Pressure 53

LabGuy64 -

I'm not even 6' but I totally agree. A suite doesn't make one better but if the larger room, extra bathroom, larger balcony, etc. is valued by us it does make our vacation experience better.

If, as the poster implies, no one "should" pay more to get more I suppose they would have everyone drive a Yugo - why drive anything better as all cars get one from point A to point B (well, maybe a Yugo wouldn't do that but you get the point...)

We do like what suite cruising offers and choose to cruise less often in order to pay for a suite when we do cruise. So overall we're not spending more - just spending the dollars as we prefer to. Just as some people prefer to spend less on a cabin to spend more on excursions, or any other tradeoffs.

Their post indicates more jealousy than acknowledging different budget allocations for different sets of priorities...

Edited by KruzeKrazy!

What would be the typical and or correct tip amount at the Crown Grill. On our first cruise ever last month I tipped $15, and was not sure if that was too little, too much or just right??

John

That is more than adequate. The fee to dine already includes a portion that is a tip to the server.

That is more than adequate. The fee to dine already includes a portion that is a tip to the server.

I was told by the person in charge of ship payroll on a Princess ship that none of the fee includes a tip to the staff there.

However, the staff are a part of the regular tipping pool that the daily "auto-tip" goes into.