Thanksgiving on the Pride 2014, a review

Cruise Envy

Could I please ask - why would you not order the cheese plate again in the steakhouse? It looked wonderful (different kinds of cheeses, varying accompaniments, nice presentation). Was it the kinds of cheese, the quality or was it just overwhelming after so much food?

What you saw was the presentation they show you before you order. You could pick what you liked. My husband and I both just didn't like the choices, and thought the slices were too thin. We prefer the dining room cheese plate. It was a personal choice, that's all. Others might vastly prefer it.

It was similar with the fruit... it had a dressing of some sort that I didn't like, it was very thin pieces, and I honestly prefer the dining room ones. You'll see more about the steakhouse and another dessert later in the review. ;)

After Dinner Day 2

We ate fairly early this night so we could catch the family comedy show in the Butterflies lounge. I had seen Tim Young the night before at the adult only show, and found him to be pretty funny. Compared to the fantasy class, I really like the venue on this ship -- seemed to have much more seating, and the comedy club manager made an effort to help folks find seats. She likes pirate jokes so go prepared!

084.jpg

153.jpg

157.jpg

After our comedy fix, my son and I headed up to the "pre-show" for 88 Keys, a playlist production. My advice, GO FOR THE PRESHOW. David is, in a word, AWESOME. He's the piano bar entertainer, and he is fabulous. Sorry for the blur here.

087.jpg

This is the first time I have ever spent any time in a Carnival Piano bar on a cruise. This kid is awesome. Here's the finale of 88 Keys...

101.jpg

After that, a little time in the piano bar with my CC friends, and off to bed. Next up... Cozumel!

Day 3 - Cozumel

All four ports were new to us, so we tried to plan some new things to do. In Cozumel, we had decided on a trip to Nachi Cocum for a beach day. My husband hates crowds, and hates being "rushed", so that was some of the reasoning behind our choice. I had read the varied reviews on beach spots here on CC, and decided that the limit of 100 at NC really appealed to us.

We ate breakfast in the dining room, ordering omelets instead of scrambled eggs, and I got real french toast instead of that fruit loop stuff!

339.jpg

It was fun to watch the RC ships come in while we ate. There were six ships scheduled for today. We found out post cruise that the Ryndam had to tender that day, and it was too rough for them to tender. It was a sign of things to come during the week.

006.jpg

We headed down to midship, and exited around 8:30ish. Here's the best shot my son took all week.

020.jpg

It's quite a walk to the duty-free terminal and it's a LONG duty free shop.

We continued on to the taxi area, let them know where we wanted to go, and we were off. Thanks to all the reading on here, I recognized the names of the various beach clubs as we passed them, and soon it was time for ours:

184.jpg

What you saw was the presentation they show you before you order. You could pick what you liked. My husband and I both just didn't like the choices, and thought the slices were too thin. We prefer the dining room cheese plate. It was a personal choice, that's all. Others might vastly prefer it.

It was similar with the fruit... it had a dressing of some sort that I didn't like, it was very thin pieces, and I honestly prefer the dining room ones. You'll see more about the steakhouse and another dessert later in the review. ;)

Thank you for your response. If they only give you a thin slice, it's probably not what we'd enjoy either.