Thanksgiving on the Pride 2014, a review

Cruise Envy

Making myself get started here -- we just returned on Sunday from a week long sail out of Tampa. Spoiler -- I had a great time!! We had rough weather, missed ports, an added port.... I will get going with the day by day this evening. For those of you hankering for pictures, my son & I shot 2300+ so there will be plenty.

The Background

This was a family cruise for our family of four, booked in July 2013 as a 50th birthday cruise for me. Previously, we had only sailed on Fantasy class ships. Besides me, there was my husband (45), and sons 18 & 14 (older son has a mild form of autism). We booked cabins 5105 & 5107, as they were a connecting pair of extended balcony (8J) and interior (4B). This was our first balcony, having previously sailed insides.

A few things to note up front. We had a great cruise, despite some of the adventures to be described. :D I will include some details because I think they might be of interest to others, but please understand that I don't necessarily consider it to be a "bad cruise". We had a lively roll call, so hopefully some of those folks will jump in and offer their opinions as well.

I have 2700+ pictures :eek: so if there is something you want to see, I will try to include it. I *WILL* include 2.0 upgrades pictures as I go along. Also, I have to work this week so be patient if things start slow.

Ok? Here we go....

A few things to note up front. We had a great cruise, despite some of the adventures to be described. :D I will include some details because I think they might be of interest to others, but please understand that I don't necessarily consider it to be a "bad cruise". We had a lively roll call, so hopefully some of those folks will jump in and offer their opinions as well.

I have 2700+ pictures :eek: so if there is something you want to see, I will try to include it. I *WILL* include 2.0 upgrades pictures as I go along. Also, I have to work this week so be patient if things start slow.

Carolyn, there is no such thing as a "bad cruise.":D I'm looking forward to your thoughts on Pride 2.0. And pictures. We'll probably be back aboard Pride in the next few years.:)

Pre Cruise

Sorry gang, had a brain dead moment getting photo links to work! We live approximately 10-11 hours from Tampa. We considered (briefly) flying, but at $400 per person, it was much cheaper to drive. We left Friday morning after packing up. If you are looking for tips on packing light, you are in the wrong review!

002.jpg

We only packed a few things...

005.jpg

And at 9:11 am, we were OFF!

006.jpg

One of your photographers for this review is a 14 year old boy so please be patient with some of the picture quality until I have time to edit a little!

We stopped for lunch somewhere near Hardeesville, SC at a Hardee's.

We pushed on and stopped for the night in Richmond Hill, Georgia.

15311836464.jpg1531183646415311836464

I chose a Hampton Inn because we have a decent # of points with their loyalty program. It was clean, and had a good breakfast. There was a nice pool, although both boys declared it too cold to swim in.

144.jpg

172.jpg

180.jpg

There were several restaurants at the exit, and we chose to go down the street to the Denny's for dinner.

End of Day 1. Up next -- on to Tampa (another 6 hrs of driving).

Thanks for taking the time to do this!!!

Our Pride cruise was our first after a LONG hiatus from cruising.

Great cruise, but just NOT a fan of the décor. Too dark for our liking.

But I cannot wait to see the pics of the 2.0 upgrades.

Could sway us, as we are a 6 hour drive from Baltimore, or an Amtrak ride.:D:D:D:D