3 day cruise as Platinum

laurmac

We're looking at a 3 day cruise - it will be our first as Platinum.

Looking at the website, it appears that many of the benefits are only available on cruises 5 days or longer.

Platinum Cruisers - are there any real benefits available on a 3 day cruise?

Our first cruise after Platinum was a 4 day and we did not "technically" get any perks. But... after we asked about them, and mentioned it was DH's birthday, we did get the free bottle of sparkling wine and a bag of logo goodies along with his free birthday cake. So you never know, they might give you something since you are Platinum.

As for the cruise being enough: a bottle of sparkling wine, 2 specialty dinners and two bottles of wine, chocolates, strawberries, a free ships tour, 2 bags of free laundry.... the "real benefit" is a whole lot more real with the added perks. How could anyone dismiss this?

Our first cruise after Platinum was a 4 day and we did not "technically" get any perks. But... after we asked about them, and mentioned it was DH's birthday, we did get the free bottle of sparkling wine and a bag of logo goodies along with his free birthday cake. So you never know, they might give you something since you are Platinum.

As for the cruise being enough: a bottle of sparkling wine, 2 specialty dinners and two bottles of wine, chocolates, strawberries, a free ships tour, 2 bags of free laundry.... the "real benefit" is a whole lot more real with the added perks. How could anyone dismiss this?

Thanks for the info Dalgirl - nice to hear they recognized your DH!

I gather that there are additional "benefits" to higher levels of platinum (250 points, etc.). I guess you're accumulating more points towards those goals, though I have no idea what you'd end up getting for them if you get there.

I'm way over 250, there is no additional ship benefit. I did get a small world map book for this "milestone". :)

Frankly Platinum is pretty common now with sometimes hundreds on board. I've been platinum over 10 years and there were times, I was the only one on board. Got several cpt dinners, and extra gifts at the time, but no longer.

It would be nice if they instituted a high level, like some of the other lines have, but doubt it is going to happen. :) I would likely be in it with 42 NCL cruises, 99 overall.

I'm way over 250, there is no additional ship benefit. I did get a small world map book for this "milestone". :)

Frankly Platinum is pretty common now with sometimes hundreds on board. I've been platinum over 10 years and there were times, I was the only one on board. Got several cpt dinners, and extra gifts at the time, but no longer.

It would be nice if they instituted a high level, like some of the other lines have, but doubt it is going to happen. :) I would likely be in it with 42 NCL cruises, 99 overall.

NCL is having discussions about adding another level to their loyalty program, but nothing definite has been decided (or should I say publicized)yet. Stay tuned !!!!!

Edited by swedish weave

As you discovered there are a few sharks around here. I dont understand why some only post things on cruise critic where they criticize or attack threads or questions that some people ask? The crazy part is they have a signature line longer than most with endless cruising experience. They never share experiences or brave enough to post a review. And of course they know everything so they never ask a question. But its very silly to join a message board to only mock others for their questions or comments. Then they get bent out of shape about it when they get called out about it.

As for platinum perks on a 3 night cruise. I could be wrong but I believe you get platinum embarkation (in the platinum line), and priority tendering, and discounts on photography, internet, and other things.

Enjoy your cruise and beware of sharks :eek:

You should also be aware that many who boast on these boards about receiving perks that are not shown on NCL website can have a detrimental effect on others.

NCL reads these boards and I know personally of one courtesy that was discontinued because of postings on CC.

I think Shark's message was more beneficial to those who know how to interpret his remarks. A subtle reminder for some to be discreet with their posts.

Are you aware of the saying "Loose lips sink ships" ??????????

Edited by swedish weave

You should also be aware that many who boast on these boards about receiving perks that are not shown on NCL website can have a detrimental effect on others.

NCL reads these boards and I know personally of one courtesy that was discontinued because of postings on CC.

I think Shark's message was more beneficial to those who know how to interpret his remarks. A subtle reminder for some to be discreet with their posts.

Maybe I missed something. I went back and read the posts and did not see anyone bragging about perks that were not on the NCL website LOL. I did see people mention they got something special because they mentioned it was someone's birthday. I would imagine those special things were because of the birthday?

In any event, go and read the original OP question again. Totally harmless. I did mention the platinum benefits that stay with you no matter the cruise length. They are not that big but is this what you are referring to "loose lips?" NCL is going to cancel the platinum embarkation line? NCL is going to cancel the discount platinum on photography or internet service? Gee whiz......I sure hope not :eek:

Maybe I missed something. I went back and read the posts and did not see anyone bragging about perks that were not on the NCL website LOL. I did see people mention they got something special because they mentioned it was someone's birthday. I would imagine those special things were because of the birthday?

In any event, go and read the original OP question again. Totally harmless. I did mention the platinum benefits that stay with you no matter the cruise length. They are not that big but is this what you are referring to "loose lips?" NCL is going to cancel the platinum embarkation line? NCL is going to cancel the discount platinum on photography or internet service? Gee whiz......I sure hope not :eek:

You said you "went back and read the posts", but Swedish Weave said "many who boast on these boards". He was talking about the boards, and I'm guessing that by "posts" you meant just this thread. Maybe that is what you missed?

SW hit it right on the head...I can also cite perks that are no longer offered because of loose lips on message boards. Nothing to do with the Latitudes program...specifically referring to perks allotted outside of those listed on the website. Which, according to the OP, was what this thread was really asking about.

A kindness done for a passenger for whatever reason is NOT going to remove perks for anyone else. First you denigrate the perks as not important , then you complain that our talking about getting something special will take a perk away? How silly.

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Forums mobile app

A kindness done for a passenger for whatever reason is NOT going to remove perks for anyone else. First you denigrate the perks as not important , then you complain that our talking about getting something special will take a perk away? How silly.

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Forums mobile app

I am sorry you don't understand.

I totally understand, I do not agree.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Forums mobile app

I totally understand, I do not agree.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Forums mobile app

Anyone can be disagreeable. However, presenting convincing evidence to support an opposing position is an entirely different matter. :)

FWIW...I was on a 4-day cruise in August and Platinum. I didn't receive any perks other than those offered by being in a suite. I read that most Platinum perks didn't pertain to cruises less than 5 days....didn't ask for them and didn't expect them. Still was a fabulous cruise!! ;)