Upsell Question 2 Days Before Sailing

Dizzkitty

Hi all,

I have been reading past threads on related topics but most pertain to sailings further out. We sail on Caribbean Princess in 2 days and are booked in a mini-suite. I did a mock booking and noticed that approx 20 suites unsold...

Do you think the upsell fairy is still going around trying to move people up?? Should I contact Princess and ask options?? It seems this sailing is somewhat light from what I can see?

I would love to hear others knowledge and experiences so close to sailings in this situation. Thanks in advance! :)

Hi all,

I have been reading past threads on related topics but most pertain to sailings further out. We sail on Caribbean Princess in 2 days and are booked in a mini-suite. I did a mock booking and noticed that approx 20 suites unsold...

Do you think the upsell fairy is still going around trying to move people up?? Should I contact Princess and ask options?? It seems this sailing is somewhat light from what I can see?

I would love to hear others knowledge and experiences so close to sailings in this situation. Thanks in advance! :)

If it were going to happen, my guess it would have already. We mortals can't really tell what's available and what's not by looking at the deck plans. Have fun in your mini suite.

Edited by shredie

If it were going to happen, my guess it would have already. We mortals can't really tell what's available and what's not by looking at the deck plans. Have fun in your mini suite.

Thanks for the reply :) We are going to have the best time in our mini! Can't wait!!

• 3 weeks later...

Just wanted to follow up to my question posted earlier if anyone else was in the same situation... We originally booked a balcony but upgraded to a minisuite when the prices dropped for a difference in price. Our sailing ended up being quite empty and we checked with guest services upon embarkation and was able to snag an aft facing penthouse suite for $100 per person! The balcony alone sold me. I was very satisfied with Princess and the price we paid overall for the cruise. My advice is to check with guest services if any upgrades are available once boarding =)

Just wanted to follow up to my question posted earlier if anyone else was in the same situation... We originally booked a balcony but upgraded to a minisuite when the prices dropped for a difference in price. Our sailing ended up being quite empty and we checked with guest services upon embarkation and was able to snag an aft facing penthouse suite for $100 per person! The balcony alone sold me. I was very satisfied with Princess and the price we paid overall for the cruise. My advice is to check with guest services if any upgrades are available once boarding =)

Wonderful!! I read a thread w/in the past few months where someone mentioned that unsold suites sat empty. I think they said a whole hallway section. There were no names on the doors. It looks like they sometimes don't upgrade people to the suites if they can't get an upsell. Glad you thought of checking with guest services because $100/person sounds worth it!!

My travel agent sent us an upsell offer a couple of weeks ago for our 3-day cruise. I turned it down. It was $199 per person to upgrade from our Cat. BF guarantee to a penthouse suite. As of this weekend, I don't see any cabins available, so they must have found others to take the offer. We're 9 days away and still don't have a cabin assignment.

My travel agent sent us an upsell offer a couple of weeks ago for our 3-day cruise. I turned it down. It was $199 per person to upgrade from our Cat. BF guarantee to a penthouse suite. As of this weekend, I don't see any cabins available, so they must have found others to take the offer. We're 9 days away and still don't have a cabin assignment.

So...when you say you were upgraded at a cost of $199/person - do you mean $199/day per person of the cruise or $199/person total?

Often when you get an upgrade option on the website it usually says something like: upgrade to a mini for an additional $xx/day/person.

Thanks!

Did you mean you checked at pursers desk when you boarded before going to your cabin or before boarding.