Restuaraunts in New Orleans

Royalsfan69

My wife and I are going to be in New Orleans on Jan 3 the day before our cruise, and I was wondering what would be a good restuarant to eat at on the french quarter. We were there back in 2012 but did not have much time, we will have time this time around.

Ate at the Court of Two Sisters and K Paul's three weeks ago. Enjoyed the food at both places. We also went to the WW II museum, Mardi Gras museum, Pat O' Brian's ( for a Hurricane and the Piano bar), cafe Du Monde, and we rode the streetcars and walked the French Quarter. Had a wonderful time. We also did a jazz riverboat dinner one night. Food and music were good. Best pre-cruise vacation. Hope you have a good time too. Happy Sails.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If you want to try a peanut butter bacon cheese burger, or others similar, there is a place called Yo Momma's Grill on St. Peter's two doors down from Rev. Zombie's Voodoo Shop, which is across the street from Pat O'Brien's.....The burger is huge and two people could eat one burger. I had the BBQ chicken burger and it was good....there is only three booths, so you could sit at the bar and eat...might be seating upstairs too.....

NOLa Grill on Chartres Street three or so blocks West was a great little sit down diner. The staff are amazing and the food is very good too...nothing like steak and eggs for dinner!

We stayed in the French Quarter for 2 days before our cruise this past spring. We tried lots of places. Found some not so great food all the way to fantastic. Our favorite was Oceana. I may have to make a trip back again just for Eggs Saint Louis. Definitely would recommend them.

We stayed in the French Quarter for 2 days before our cruise this past spring. We tried lots of places. Found some not so great food all the way to fantastic. Our favorite was Oceana. I may have to make a trip back again just for Eggs Saint Louis. Definitely would recommend them.

What's Eggs Saint Louis?

We're going to Oceana on Sunday night before cruising on Monday. Glad to hear the good report.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

When we sailed on the Conquest in 2012, we went to Mr B's at the recommendation of a friend who was born and raised there. It was a fantastic meal. You will need to make a reservation ahead of time to be sure of getting in. It is a tad pricey, but not outrageous and worth every penny IMO.

Acme Oyster House for oysters and sea food, Red Fish Grill for seafood, Central Grocery for the original muffaletta sandwich, Camillia Grill ( recently renamed The Grill) for breakfast, Cafe Du Monde for beignets and cafe au lait. Hard to get a bad meal in NOLA.

Napoleon House 500 Chartres. Have a Pimms Cup. Its a super refreshing drink. Great Jambalaya. For the best Muffaletta go to General Store. Best bloody mary go to Check Point Charlies (I believe they are on Esplanade). Definitely go Croissant D'Or Patisserie 617 Ursulines. Go early for meat pies as they sell out. They have the best croissants sweet and savory kinds. Inexpensive and delish. I can't wait to go back in spring! Enjoy!

What's Eggs Saint Louis?

Eggs St Louis is a very special benedict style dish with a slice of roasted tomato on the english muffin, then a very big pile of lump crab meat and then the poached eggs, hollandaise sauce and cheddar cheese. It's $18 but worth every penny :D