Carnival Alaskan Experience

Cruise Arizona

The Carnival Website is not very helpful in the Alaska information it provides.

I am curious about how meaningful Carnival makes the Alaskan experience. Do they have naturalist lectures and other Alaskan specific type activities like the glacier experience and whale watching.

What does Carnival do to make the Alaskan cruise extra special.

Carnival has one of my top three ranked ship naturalists. However I was told that job is going to be shared next season, but have been assured they both will be superb. There are several programs that will be offered during the week.

It's also up to you to make great choices with port excursions, which can significantly enhance the trip, this would involve booking a whale watch out of Juneau and adding a glacier tour with flying being spectacular. If you are booking a Tracy Arm itinerary, then frankly, I find it "necessary" to also book the add on Tracy Arm tour- it is grossly superior compared to the cruise ship transit. IF you happen to be on a Glacier bay itinerary- you have significantly more scenery and wildlife opportunities IF you invest a LOT of time out on deck.

I don't find Carnival one of the stand out itineraries however, there are some better. Compromises are everywhere in an Alaska visit. keep reworking your priorities and make the right choice for you. :)

In addition to considering Carnival, I would consider Princess. Just search their website for the Alaska Onboard Experience and Signature Alaska Cuisine, like Reindeer Chili!!

I think Princess has won multiple awards for Best Cruise Line in Alaska.