Cruise canceled on Dream

poohb17

I once had a 4 night Catalina / Ensenada cruise booked out of San Diego. I talked my brother and his family into going with me and called to book their cabin and found out that cruise was cancelled. They had changed the itinerary to a 5 day Cabo (2 days in Cabo) cruise instead (yippee). I had the choice to cancel or transfer my booking to the new itinerary. I kept my original fare and cabin which was awesome and they got a pretty good rate too. Unfortunately Hurricane Jimena hit Cabo and we ended up with the Catalina / Ensenada itinerary anyway. We still had a great cruise.

Sometime the story is positive. I hope you are able to work out something to your advantage.

We were getting ready to book the Oct 4 Dream cruise. That is our fall break. So we are now going to do the 6 day Breeze-same itinerary, one less sea day, out of Miami. And I think we may just add a three day Bahama cruise so we will have our own 9 day cruise!

We were booked on the October 11 Dream sailing as well. We were looking forward to spending a few days in New Orleans before the cruise.

We ended up rebooking on the October 10 Breeze 8-day sailing out of Miami. We aren't too disappointed because this was our 2nd choice when we were deciding on cruises. The only thing we are bummed about is we were going to drive to New Orleans from our home in Little Rock, but now it looks like we will have to fly to Miami. Oh well.

It will be a new destination for us, though. We haven't been to St. Kitts yet. That's exciting.

We just booked a Thanksgiving cruise for 2015 still coming out of New Orleans. I am glad we could find something that would work for us and can still sail out of New Orleans. Looking forward to spending Thanksgiving on a cruise. I just hope that this cruise wont be canceled again.

I just received a email today from Carnival that they are canceling our cruise for October 11, 2015 on the Dream.

I am so bummed out by this. I have been looking forward for this trip. Has anyone every had any thing like this happened before? What did Carnival do for you?

I don't understand why you think Carnival should do anything for you. The cruise is over 10 months away. It would be different if the cruise sailed in 2 weeks.

I don't understand why you think Carnival should do anything for you. The cruise is over 10 months away. It would be different if the cruise sailed in 2 weeks.

They didn't say Carnival should do anything, they asked what others experienced.

We're also bummed -- we had a nice L shape balcony on the Dream for our B2B. We booked a long time ago at a great rate -- We just booked the Miracle for a 15 day Hawaii in October -- very few cabins available and the price is premium. I know Hawaii cruises are expensive, this will be our tenth. This is the most we will have ever spent for one.

A little consideration would be nice, though I'm not expecting anything -- we just got the fuzzy end of the lollipop.

I know -- first world problem :)

I say this because. It wasn't like we was the one's that canceled the cruise it was Carnival. I know if I canceled my cruise if something happened that wasn't under my control Carnival would not give me all my money back. This was a trip that my family planned and was looking forward to. I had to book another cruise in November. My girls is having to miss two days of school. We planned in October for a reason. My girls would have been on Fall break the week we chose. I looked for a similar cruise for the same time frame going out of New Orleans and nothing. As I stated we did book a Thanksgiving cruise for next year. Carnival is working with us and we are happy with our choice.

I say this because. It wasn't like we was the one's that canceled the cruise it was Carnival. I know if I canceled my cruise if something happened that wasn't under my control Carnival would not give me all my money back. This was a trip that my family planned and was looking forward to. I had to book another cruise in November. My girls is having to miss two days of school. We planned in October for a reason. My girls would have been on Fall break the week we chose. I looked for a similar cruise for the same time frame going out of New Orleans and nothing. As I stated we did book a Thanksgiving cruise for next year. Carnival is working with us and we are happy with our choice.

Actually, it depends on how you booked as to whether you would get all of your money back. You are correct, if you book ES (and you understand the restrictions that come with ES) then you will pay a penalty. Otherwise you do get all of your money back. Either way, Carnival has every right to do this and you are owed nothing because they did this.

We had our 10/4/14 dream cruise canceled due to the change in itinerary and initially read about it from John Heald on another forum. We were so looking forward to spending 3 days in New Orleans before the cruise. As a result of this being my son's fall break, we still wanted to do something else so we found a 7 day on the Glory for the same week. It goes out of Miami. We were satisfied with the OBC offered and that they would protect the original rate we had for a cove balcony and being upgraded gratis to a regular balcony. We were looking forward to having the cove balcony, but our new balcony location 7207 is going to be awesome.