talk about cheap!!

ritarussell

I just had to share! We just booked our airfare for our November cruise for $118 per person. I have 5 plane tickets to buy so I was soooooo excited!! We went from an original price of $1175 for 5 tickets to $592!! Woo Hoo! More foo foo drinks for me!

DD just found airfare from St. Louis to Miami nonstop departing 10/28 for $113 on AA. I thought that was a good buy also.

OH MY!! I am going to go look for that now for the girls! Thanks for the info!! :)

Happy sailing,

T.

I just had to share! We just booked our airfare for our November cruise for $118 per person. I have 5 plane tickets to buy so I was soooooo excited!! We went from an original price of $1175 for 5 tickets to $592!! Woo Hoo! More foo foo drinks for me!
Southwest sometimes overbooks flights like this then send people home till the next day ,ever watch that Airport show on real life airport experiences with southwest --not fun for some but good lu:) ck and congratulations anyway

We got ours from RI to W Palm Beach for $130 for our December cruise on Delta through Orbitz, but it was even cheaper on Delta's website.

That's because Orbitz charges $6+ per ticket... We also made this mistake last year. You should always check airline site (or expedia) after you found something on Orbitz.

Southwest sometimes overbooks flights like this then send people home till the next day ,ever watch that Airport show on real life airport experiences with southwest --not fun for some but good lu:) ck and congratulations anyway
That's why you get to the airport early! First come, first served with Southwest. Show up late, like many on the tv show, and you get what's left.

We just booked tix from Raleigh to Miami (October) for $140pp nonstop on AA... a few weeks ago it was over $300 pp... so I was happy :D I had to get several tix all over the country today and airfare was lower than I have seen it in over a month...

What do you mean, that Southwest is first come-first served? I have a ticket on southwest next week for my cruise from NO. I've never flown southwest and thought if I purchased a ticket, then I should have a seat, right? Please help me so that I know what I need to do next week. Thanks

What do you mean, that Southwest is first come-first served? I have a ticket on southwest next week for my cruise from NO. I've never flown southwest and thought if I purchased a ticket, then I should have a seat, right? Please help me so that I know what I need to do next week. Thanks

Southwest does not assign seats... you get there and stand in your line (your tix will say A B or C) and just find an available seat. Southwest is notorious for overbooking... so don't wait until the last minute to get checked in and in line.

Yes, SW is first "check-in" first serve. You can check-in online. This is taken from the SW website.

http://www.southwest.com/travel_center/checkin.html

Checkin Procedure

Customers may check in for their flight and receive their boarding pass and Rapid Rewards credit online at southwest.com (for eligible reservations only), at the Skycap Podium (in select locations), Ticket Counter, Departure Gate, or RAPID CHECK-IN Kiosk (where available).

• <LI class=listDoubleSpace>Customers who are age 65 and older and traveling on a Senior fare must be age verified in order to request their boarding pass online. Visit our
Travel Tips for Seniors for more details on how to become age verified.
Customers may check luggage and receive boarding passes at the Skycap Counter (in select locations) or Ticket Counter up to four hours prior to scheduled departure.<LI class=listDoubleSpace>To determine the best time to check in for your flight, please refer to the Airport Arrival chart. The Departure Gate opens for checkin and boarding pass distribution one hour prior to departure. <LI class=listDoubleSpace>At 20 minutes prior to scheduled departure you can get a boarding pass only at the Departure Gate.
Passengers who do not obtain a boarding pass and are not present and available for boarding in the departure gate area at least ten minutes prior to scheduled departure time may have their reserved space cancelled and will not be eligible for denied boarding compensation.

Boarding Procedure

• <LI class=listDoubleSpace>Each Customer will be issued a boarding pass grouped by A, B, or C (in that order) based on when the Customer checked in online at southwest.com, at the Skycap Podium, Ticket Counter, Departure Gate, or RAPID CHECK-IN Kiosk (where available). <LI class=listDoubleSpace>Prior to general boarding, Customers with disabilities, unaccompanied children between the ages of five and 11, and adults traveling with a child under five years of age will preboard. Customers holding boarding pass "A" will begin general boarding, followed by Customers with boarding pass "B," and then "C." <LI class=listDoubleSpace>Because Southwest Airlines maintains an open-seating policy, general-boarding Customers may sit in any open or unclaimed seat. General-boarding Customers who choose an emergency exit seat must meet all
requirements set forth by the Federal Aviation Administration and Southwest Airlines.
Customers who choose to preboard cannot sit in an emergency exit seat.

We got tickets on USAirways from Pittsburgh to Fort Lauderdale for $120.00 per person round trip total wirh taxes included.(98.00 round trip fare.) Great deal with four tickets to buy. Just hope they stay in business till then!:) Oh,our cruise is in Dec.

If you're flying Southwest, just be sure to be at the airport early. The best thing you can do is print your boarding passes online. You can do it at early as 12:00am the day of your flight. That way you will most likely be in boarding group "A" - the first to board the plane. I wouldn't worry too much, we've been flying Southest for 25 years, and we fly a lot, and have never not gotten on our flight, although I have seen it happen to others who showed up at the last minute expecting a seat on an overbooked flight.

Southwest seating is on a first come, first seated basis. They do not give seat assignments. Boarding is done in 3 groups by A, B & C. Your best bet is to go to their website just after midnite on the day you are leaving. You can print out your boarding passes at that time, but only for that flight. You won't be able to print your return passes until the day of the flight.

When you get to the gate you'll see the 3 letters by the boarding area. Just line up behind whichever letter is on your pass, have a seat (on the floor :o) and wait. I think it works out to about 40 people per grouping.

Have a great cruise!

If you're flying Southwest, just be sure to be at the airport early. The best thing you can do is print your boarding passes online. You can do it at early as 12:00am the day of your flight. That way you will most likely be in boarding group "A" - the first to board the plane. I wouldn't worry too much, we've been flying Southest for 25 years, and we fly a lot, and have never not gotten on our flight, although I have seen it happen to others who showed up at the last minute expecting a seat on an overbooked flight.

We almost always fly Southwest, because they almost always have the cheapest rates. ;) But, I always INSIST that we get to the airport AT LEAST 2 hours before our flight. My family grumbles about this, but we have never had a problem getting "bumped". We always get either an A or B boarding pass.

We live 4 hours from the nearest airport, so usually we are in a hotel the night before our flight. Next time we fly Southwest, I will make sure the hotel has internet access so I can check in online BEFORE we go to the airport.

Southwest is great for their low fares but given the choice, I'll take the less leg room on Airtran before booking Southwest. They pretty much mirror each other in price where they fly to from here. I can fly to Boston on Airtran for $39 or Providence on Southwest for $29-$39 depending on time of booking. I like Airtran because it puts me into the city. Southwest leaves me 45-60 away and I need to be picked up when going to the in-law's house.

If I had a choice and money was no object, I would fly American. The legroom and the headrests are perks when flying long trips with them

I love Southwest. I've never been bumped in all the years I've flown them. I get there early (they open for seating 1hr before departure) and I've found them to be the most accommodating and friendly airline so far. I've flown many many airlines but by choice I'd choose Southwest. WRIGHT is WRONG!! Set Love Free!! Just had to put that in. It's what we're dealing with here in TX now.

I love Southwest. I've never been bumped in all the years I've flown them. I get there early (they open for seating 1hr before departure) and I've found them to be the most accommodating and friendly airline so far. I've flown many many airlines but by choice I'd choose Southwest.

I totally agree...Love, Love, Love SW and would fly them anytime, especially with their rates being as good as they are.

Have never had a problem with them at all. Most pleasant crew members I've ever delt with too.

Archived