Payment for Princess air - is the price guaranteed?

compozer

I had no luck searching. I thought there was a thread a year ago talking about booking flights through Princess but I had no luck finding anything. Someone told me that you pay for your flights at final payment but if the price happens to go up, you would have to pay the additional charge. Other have said that the price is guaranteed.

This is for a May flight across the pond and I have been looking and not happy with the prices. I checked online with Princess and was very pleased with the prices. I don't mind having to pay now but just wondered what the policy is. A friend we are traveling with contacted her TA and was also told payment is due at final payment date and her flight cost is what was quoted.

I want to know up front and my upcoming holiday trip flight has more than doubled in three months so I want to protect myself.

So, is the price guaranteed or not?

thanks

Good question, I hope someone responds. I'm new to Princess and booked our April flights through Princess Air. I was nervous about getting to the ship in time (1 1/2 hrs. between arrival in Ft. Lauderdale and ship leaving. Then our TA was notified that the flight was changed to an earlier one. When I went back to look at the flights, I saw that there were now lower prices. I called TA, she called Princess, and we saved about $110 pp. So you are not locked in to the price if it goes lower and I'm hoping you are guaranteed if it goes higher.

If you book their Flexible Air, then the payment is due at final cruise payment date. The cost will not increase unless there is a change in taxes/fees or if you have to cancel/rebook because of a schedule change.

The policy changed about a year and a half ago... at that time, the flexible fare could go up until it was paid in full, but that is no longer the case.

We have used Princess Air flexible fares several times. The price is fixed when you book the flights, payment is due at final payment date and you can cancel with a full refund up to 45 days before the cruise. It has worked well on several cruises for us.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We have used Princess Air flexible fares several times. The price is fixed when you book the flights, payment is due at final payment date and you can cancel with a full refund up to 45 days before the cruise. It has worked well on several cruises for us.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Also, if you find a lower fare between final payment and the 45 day window, Princess will rebook and refund the difference. Done that twice.

Also, if you find a lower fare between final payment and the 45 day window, Princess will rebook and refund the difference. Done that twice.

How do you do price checks?

I've been checking My Cruise Personalizer but am afraid to do anything that will alter my existing booking.

Thanks.

Judy

How do you do price checks?

I've been checking My Cruise Personalizer but am afraid to do anything that will alter my existing booking.

Thanks.

Judy

This is how I do it:

a. Princess.com

b. Plan a cruise

c. Search cruises (search for your cruise)

d. Flight quotes

If you find a flight that is preferable to the one already booked, then go to your cruise personalizer:

a. Flights and Transfers

b. Booking Flights with eZAir

c. Add or Modify Flights

d. Edit your flights

e. Select flights to be modified

f. Search - Select your new flight - If you stop here you will keep your current flight

Or call Princess and ask them to make the change for you and confirm that the difference will be credited.

Edited by billco

This is how I do it:

a. Princess.com

b. Plan a cruise

d. Flight quotes

If you find a flight that is preferable to the one already booked, then go to your cruise personalizer:

a. Flights and Transfers

c. Add or Modify Flights

d. Edit your flights

f. Search - Select your new flight - If you stop here you will keep your current flight

Or call Princess and ask them to make the change for you and confirm that the difference will be credited.

Thank you, just tried it and the price has gone up. Will keep checking.

Judy

Thanks for all the fast replies. $150 isn't much for a change in flight if you can save some $$$. Even more so with business and first class fares.

SO, next question - Billco

do you use a TA or book yourself with princess?

I love my TA but sometimes want answers faster than I can get them if she isn't in the office or it is late at night.

I like control of my flights especially international ones. And I really would like every part of my vacation to be in my hands and hate having to wait for a return call.

Thanks again,

Sandy

Thanks for all the fast replies. $150 isn't much for a change in flight if you can save some $$$. Even more so with business and first class fares.

SO, next question - Billco

do you use a TA or book yourself with princess?

I love my TA but sometimes want answers faster than I can get them if she isn't in the office or it is late at night.

I like control of my flights especially international ones. And I really would like every part of my vacation to be in my hands and hate having to wait for a return call.

Thanks again,

Sandy

You can change flights yourself on the Princess web site even if you use a TA. I just did it this morning. Just notify your TA of the change after you make it.

This is how I do it:

a. Princess.com

b. Plan a cruise

d. Flight quotes

a. Flights and Transfers

c. Add or Modify Flights

d. Edit your flights

Billco, thanks to your earlier advice/instructions, I've been frequently checking my Princess Air fares for our spring TA. Result--an $1100 reduction this week! Great savings and thanks to you and others on CC for the advice.:)

You can change flights yourself on the Princess web site even if you use a TA. I just did it this morning. Just notify your TA of the change after you make it.
Princess notifies my TA when there is a change, either by me or the airline. My TA will forward the e-mail to me.

I have a great TA who was referred to me by a frequent poster on CC. When I have an issue, she knows who to contact at Princess to get the right answer. I don't have that confidence when I contact Princess directly.

Edited by billco

Thanks again for all the info. I plan to book air with Princess this week

BUT - I just received a note from my TA that she is retiring the end of the month. I knew it would be coming soon. SO now the questions is who to go with. She does have a friend that covers her clients that has helped me when she has been gone in the past so not sure if I should use her. My Ta will be on a very long cruise to celebrate so I think I have to use her on all my cruises through the spring.

I have been very happy with her over the years and just hate the thought of starting over. or even where to start looking.

One thing at a time

need to get these flights first.