San Juan RCCL port check in

We are here in San Juan and from the suggestions we plan on dropping our bags off with the porters, catching a cab and going to the forts. Here are my questions:

1. How early can I drop my bags off?

2. Should we drop off bags and go get checked in at the chief, receive our seapasses and then go catch a cab?

3. When will they allow you to check in (not board but get all signed in)?

4. Are there multiple forts to see and if so, which is the best ones?

5. Does anyone know of any camera battery places here in San Juan for a Nikon DSLR camera?

We are here in San Juan and from the suggestions we plan on dropping our bags off with the porters, catching a cab and going to the forts. Here are my questions:

1. How early can I drop my bags off?

2. Should we drop off bags and go get checked in at the chief, receive our seapasses and then go catch a cab?

3. When will they allow you to check in (not board but get all signed in)?

5. Does anyone know of any camera battery places here in San Juan for a Nikon DSLR camera?

About the camera battery; you can probably find it on Best Buy. There is one close to Plaza las Americas. http://stores.bestbuy.com/1118/

This is a link to the store info.

Edited by drarill

Another alternative, which we have done several times, is to have your hotel hold your luggage and go into OSJ this morning, spend the day seeing the town and then taxi to the pier later in the afternoon. For the one fort I would choose El Morro because the views are amazing, the fort is interesting and finally, you sail right past it on your way out to sea tonight. We love OSJ, whatever you choose to do I hope you have a fantastic day and a wonderful cruise. We will be there in 7 weeks.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tablet using Tapatalk

I would get to the pier around 11:00. The lines to check in shouldn't be very long at that time. Check in first. It should be fairly quick at that hour. Go visit the forts and maybe grab lunch at one of the many great restaurants in Old San Juan. When you get back from touring the forts you won't have to wait in a long line to check in. You can walk right past everybody and board the ship.

Edited by cruiseguy1016

There's two, and each is a good 4-6 hours to really see, so I'd recommend going to San Felipe del Morro, which is the one out on the point. It's more compact and (in my humble opinion) more interesting.