Large Oceanview - Front Of Ship.............

nycruise

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks so much for posting these. We were very curious. We booked the room on the first day they opened them for our 26 day Dubai to Shanghai tour. I'd seen the one photo with the pole, and figured I could live with the pole if the rest of the room had extra space. It does, and more! I love the huge window looking front. Hopefully we can move the couch, and park it right in front of that window.

I couldn't tell where the TV was located. I'm thinking it's on the side wall, next to the closet with the 2 bottom drawers?

Did you have a normal bathroom, or was it a little bigger too?

Thanks so much for posting these. We were very curious. We booked the room on the first day they opened them for our 26 day Dubai to Shanghai tour. I'd seen the one photo with the pole, and figured I could live with the pole if the rest of the room had extra space. It does, and more! I love the huge window looking front. Hopefully we can move the couch, and park it right in front of that window.

I couldn't tell where the TV was located. I'm thinking it's on the side wall, next to the closet with the 2 bottom drawers?

Did you have a normal bathroom, or was it a little bigger too?

I don't believe that the sleeper couch can't be moved, I think it is bolted into the wall. Regular size bathroom. TV is located on bathroom wall parallel to bed. You can see a little of it in my 2nd photo- far left.

Enjoy your wonderful cabin!

Anyone have an opinion on the Large Ocean view cabins at the front of the ship. They are actually larger than the Standard Balcony cabins. The only drawback I can see is the potential for more ship movement. Any other issues?

We had one in the front center on deck 9 on the 12/1 sailing. The view was fantastic but if we sail on a Quantum class ship again, we will not choose a cabin in that location. I rarely get seasick on cruise ships - only when going through bad storms - but I felt pretty awful on this one, even though we didn't go through any real storms. There was constant shaking and rocking, on top of the continuous loud and forceful slamming of the waves into the boat. It just seemed worse than other ships, not sure why.

I don't believe that the sleeper couch can't be moved, I think it is bolted into the wall. Regular size bathroom. TV is located on bathroom wall parallel to bed. You can see a little of it in my 2nd photo- far left.

Enjoy your wonderful cabin!

Is that one ofmthe superior rooms on the front and side? I thought the large ones were narrow and long? We have one booked on the Anthem so quite curious. Thanks in advance.

Is that one ofmthe superior rooms on the front and side? I thought the large ones were narrow and long? We have one booked on the Anthem so quite curious. Thanks in advance.

Yes, category F forward corner rooms. There are 2 on decks 8 through 11.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We had a room like this on the Radiance last year going up to Alaska. Great view, and yes we did feel it when we hit a nasty storm our last full sea day. It was kind of neat actually watching the bow crashing through the waves.

Anyone have an opinion on the Large Ocean view cabins at the front of the ship. They are actually larger than the Standard Balcony cabins. The only drawback I can see is the potential for more ship movement. Any other issues?

Photos and short review here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=42735698&highlight=6204#post42735698

Take note of the second paragraph for other possible drawbacks,

I assume depending on which deck your cabin is on