How to get to Sapphire Beach, shopping, and a fun restaurant/bar?

yvettem113

We will be in port from 8am-6pm on my 35th birthday so I'm trying to find something fun for my friends and I. I want a couple of hours at an amazing beach, bonus if it has bar/drink service, some shopping in town, and maybe a bar or restaurant for appetizers and drinks before headed back to the ship. It's going to be a really busy day in port (Jan 13) so I would like to do the beach early to avoid the crowds.

What is the least expensive way to do this?

My original plan was to go to Jost but that has proven to be too expensive after some family emergencies among a couple of us. Since there are only 3 of us going and we want some time to shop in St Thomas it just isn't going to work for us. :(

Any other advice would be appreciated!

Edited by yvettem113

Take a taxi to either Coki or Sapphire Beach for max $12 pp each way. Coki is smaller but more party atmosphere. After beach you can party in Red Hook at Tap & Still or Duffy's Love Shack in Red Hook before going back to ship.

Check reviews online for more info.

We'd taxi to Coki for a busier vibe or Sapphire Beach for a more relaxed vibe and enjoy relaxing there for a few hours. Taxi back to Paradise Point and enjoy drinks and a bite along with the magnificent views of the harbors. If you're docked at Havensight (WICO) you can take the aerial tram down from PP and walk to your ship. If docked at Crown Bay you'd have to taxi back from PP to port.

Bars in Red Hook are another option, but we'd probably head for Iggie's Beach Bar at Bolongo Bay and then head back to port. You can do much of your shopping right at the dock unless you want the real shopping experience that Charlotte Amalie offers.

• 2 weeks later...

We spent a week in St thomas last July. Imo, the surf at Sapphire Beach was too high. We enjoyed Coki Beach a lot though crowded. A little drinking and shopping available. Emerald beach by the airport was nice and had bar/restaurant/restaurant. Our Fave though was Meagan 's Bay. Just beautiful.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Forums mobile app

We spent a week in St thomas last July. Imo, the surf at Sapphire Beach was too high. We enjoyed Coki Beach a lot though crowded. A little drinking and shopping available. Emerald beach by the airport was nice and had bar/restaurant/restaurant. Our Fave though was Meagan 's Bay. Just beautiful.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Forums mobile app

Yes the waves can be high at Sapphire some days depending on the sea and wind condions as it's not well protected. We rent a condo there as it's the only place you can rent right on the beach and also choose the condo. Usually very calm but it is more of a "fun wave" beach than a Magens or Secret Harbor which are more protected.

Magens is a deep bay and generally very calm, perfect for families with tots. It is indeed beautiful, especially from a vantage point like Drake's Seat or Mountaintop.

We will be in port from 8am-6pm on my 35th birthday so I'm trying to find something fun for my friends and I. I want a couple of hours at an amazing beach, bonus if it has bar/drink service, some shopping in town, and maybe a bar or restaurant for appetizers and drinks before headed back to the ship. It's going to be a really busy day in port (Jan 13) so I would like to do the beach early to avoid the crowds.

What is the least expensive way to do this?

Any other advice would be appreciated!

Bolongo Bay isn't too far from the port. It has a great beach bar, Iggies (as BlueWater mentioned) It is a fun place to hang out and have a drink, or several. The beach is not "amazing" but IMO better than some others on the island. My favorites are Sapphire (servers on the beach, the Banana Cabana and Dive In for drinks) and Lindqvist/Smith's Bay (you would have to BYOB it). They are amazing. You could go to one of those, then head to Red Hook for a couple of hours. Lots of fun bars there including a small Senor' Frogs, Duffy's, and others. Fish Tails has good food and a nice bar too. We rarely shop, but there are places near the port.

Coki and Secret Harbor are also good places to spend the day, but after 3 land vacations on STT, we prefer Sapphire. Have fun and have a great birthday. And whatever you do, drink a Bushwacker--the ones in STT are awesome!!