Britannia is on the move

EJMcruiser

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the pictures, only 9 weeks to boarding.

I find it interesting that the articles are in French and Italian, which I fortunately do read, but I do wish that I could find more English articles. One would expect that being aimed at the British market there would be more in the British press for those who are interested but cannot read any language other than English. I feel that P&O are missing an opportunity here.

Thanks for the pictures, only 9 weeks to boarding.

I find it interesting that the articles are in French and Italian, which I fortunately do read, but I do wish that I could find more English articles. One would expect that being aimed at the British market there would be more in the British press for those who are interested but cannot read any language other than English. I feel that P&O are missing an opportunity here.

Thanks for the great photos - particularly like the first one. I think she looks really good and the 'new look' is growing on me.

Re the translation - can you highlight the text, right click and use the 'translate' tool or is it just on Bing ?

The French one says:

Displaying on her bow an imposing version stylized of the Union Jack, the British flag, the new P & O Cruises liner has successfully completed, from 7 to 12 December, its sea trials. This ship is derived from the Royal Princess and Regal Princess, put into service in 2013 and 2014, the Britannia won't normally need to perform another exit by its delivery expected in March.

Directed by the Fincantieri's Monfalcone shipyard, on the Italian Adriatic coast, this ship of 330 metres to 38 metres wide displays a meter of 141,000 GT and will accommodate 3647 passengers. It will be the largest ship operated until by P & O Cruises, a subsidiary of the US group Carnival Corporation there

:)

Edited by Presto2

Thanks for the great photos - particularly like the first one. I think she looks really good and the 'new look' is growing on me.

Re the translation - can you highlight the text, right click and use the 'translate' tool or is it just on Bing ?

:)

I didn't try to translate as I am fluent in both French and Italian but out of interest I just tried highlighting the text and right clicking, it does not work on Google Chrome.