SOS Owners Suite Perks

dr1ub

I am interested in this, too. We have our first full suite [GS] on the Serenade in March. I have read the information on the suite benefits. However, many of these say "on select ships' and "where available." I would love it if someone that has been on the serenade can tel me what is available on that ship. Thanks in advance. :)

Okay. These are available on Serenade:

Priority check-in

Personalized attention throughout the cruise with complimentary Concierge Club service on select ships

Reserved prime seating in the main theater for entertainment shows, where available

Priority tender tickets on select cruises. (Tender service is provided when smaller vessels are necessary to reach shore in locations without docking ports large enough for cruise ships.)

Full breakfast, lunch and dinner dining room menus available for in-room dining

Complimentary luggage valet service

Luxury spa bathrobes for use onboard

Complimentary pressing service on formal night

This used to be above the pool bar and below the sky bar, VIP pool deck seating, where available. But as I recall they moved it.

There is no specialty breakfast and lunch dining for suites in the restaurants, because the restaurants are on deck 6, and the windjammer is on 11. There may be a set aside area in the MDR for suites, but we rarely dine there.

Back in January we were in 1560, the "Verdi Suite," for a week. For some weird reason it was only a couple hundred more than a GS so we jumped on it. In retrospect, I'd do it again for the same price circumstances, but otherwise an OS is about the right size for the two of us and my car to take a cruise.

The OS also has a bidet. :D

Worked fine too. :cool:

While we normally opted for the "Expanded" room service breakfast menu, which seemed to mean "just about anything they had in the Windjammer could be delivered" you can get Continental Breakfast in the Concierge Lounge, don't believe there's a "special area" in the Windjammer because Chops and Giovanni's table are both down on Deck 6, near the Schooner bar and pool tables. Hopefully the cues I left them are still there and in better shape than those they had. Unlike some other ships' Concierge Lounges, most of the Radiance class have theirs up on Deck 13, with an outdoor area, an actual bar that a bartender can be behind and generally a more airy feeling. Definitely take advantage of cocktail hours in the evenings after 5:00. Also, if you are doing Coco Cay on your Route, the Concierge can help you reserve a Cabana in a nice, quiet area where they serve an "upgraded" lunch. We took advantage and our guests-- you can have 6 people per Cabana-- really enjoyed the experience. When they speak of "Priority Tendering" the best we'd experienced was a variation of "You want in the Concierge Lounge and I'll take people down in groups." This way you have an "official person" running you to the front of the line and not just you with a Gold Pass Card and a bunch of people with sour faces thinking "what an A hole..."

Also, for more 'real world in a suite' experience, we never booked Specialty Dining with more than 15 mins notice. Just asked the Concierge, he wanted to know when we wanted to go, we'd say "soon as we can", brief pause while he calls and then "go on down, they're waiting for you."

There is that questioning you can hear where other guests wonder why "that person's" card is gold. Among the ship's staff though they know exactly why and treat you accordingly.

I don't recall any VIP Pool Deck seating on Serenade. I also killed off many a brain cell at Cocktail hour though... For us, the Solarium was quiet enough.

Mario was Concierge then but I believe he's moved up to the Quantum.

Also, in a suite it almost gets a little ridiculous the number of times you come back to your cabin to find snacks, or fruit, or other goodies. Nice to be spoiled though. For us, we simply can only get the time to do one trip a year so what some would do for three or four trips in a balcony or ocean view cabin, we just roll into a week in a suite.

Enjoy your various trips, if we weren't already on Indy I'd seriously be looking at some of those great deals being offered on Serenade; but far too much to change at this point, and 7 won't cut it, we need 8 nights in a Suite to get to Diamond. And DW wants to sit in those cantilevered whirlpools over the side.

Edited by MichaelCMTX

Oh that's right, duh. You don't say when you are sailing, but if it is out of NOLA: RE: Complimentary luggage valet service. There is no luggage valet service available at this port.

You can send your bags on ahead to the airport (or hold them at the port) if you wish to sightsee for an additional charge: http://www.advancecheckin.com/index.html

That might not be important for those that drive to port. They do deliver a lot of food. And you can order steak & lobster ensuite, if it is the same night as it is on the menu.

:)

Edited by Coralc

Oh that's right, duh. You don't say when you are sailing, but if it is out of NOLA: RE: Complimentary luggage valet service. There is no luggage valet service available at this port. :)

Yes-- we are leaving from NOLA. [in my cruise calendar] Only 107 days to go.

Michael-- we do not go to Coco Cay, I wish we did. However, we do tender at Grand Cayman. So, priority tendering may be of value. We were there on Vision last month and the tender process was long and slow [6 ships in port]

Thank you everyone.