Dress Codes

OzMike

Happy to report it wasn't as STUFFY as I was lead to believe it would be from posts and HAL info. As you say Bruce, pretty much anything goes...as I think it should. After all, it is a VACATION, not a job interview.

Abiding by the dress code is being "stuffy"? It takes a judgmental attitude to consider people dressed in a formal mode as being "stuffy." If you don't like a formal atmosphere, stick with the line of your choice that doesn't have what you judge to be a "stuffy" atmosphere ... and leave us "stuffy" people with our place to be "stuffy." Okay? Thanks. :)

Only saw one incident were a young adult was turned away from the Lido at dinner for walking in without a shirt.

Note the following sign mounted on the walls at the entrances to the Lido Resturant:

dressnotice1.jpg

Such a rule is no different than you'll find in even "hole-in-the-wall" restaurants on land. It's not too much to ask, and it certainly is NOT stuffy.

Well, I was trying on all the clothes I have for this cruise this weekend (old and new). I've been exercising and watching what I eat so I've lost 11 lbs, but one of my formals doesn't fit quite right so I will be wearing that pants with tunic outfit for one formal night otherwise I'll be duplicating. I tried it on for hubby and he agreed it would look fine along with him in his tuxedo as it's very dressy (I guess I described it very poorly). I have gowns for the three other 3 formal nights and tons of semi formal and casual options. My problem is figuring out what to take for those nights so we can get it all in our three checked suitcases along with hubby's clothes.

Heck, I am taking white jeans with me, and white shoes, for my cruise to Hawaii. I also wear some white when I go to Mexico in the winter. ;-P

There will always be differing opinions as to acceptable cruise attire, but hopefully EVERYONE is in agreement that white is unacceptable after Labor Day!

http://www.csittl.com/old/03list73.html

Caribbean exempted!

http://www.fodors.com/forums/threadselect.jsp?fid=5&tid=34444166

Archived