RCI Check-in Texts & Calls messed up

thrifty99

FYI... if you get a text from RCI about your check-in times, it may be messed up. Below is what I received via text (and a phone call) this morning. I really feel bad for guests on decks 2 & 3 - they are told to arrive 30 minutes after the sailing time (which is also wrong - sails at 8 or 8:30pm). We are on deck 8 -- guess we can never board. :)

"Check-in Notice, Adventure of the Seas, Dec 14, 2014

Hello, this is Royal Caribbean International. We would like to provide you with important information regarding your sailing on December 14, 2014, onboard Adventure of the Seas. To enhance your check-in and boarding experience, we ask that you arrive to the terminal based on your assigned decks.

Guests on deck 10 should arrive for check-in at 1:30 P.M.

Guests on deck 10 should arrive for check-in at 2:00 P.M.

Guests on deck 10 should arrive for check-in at 2:30 P.M.

Guests on deck 10 should arrive for check-in at 3:30 P.M.

Guests on deck 10 should arrive for check-in at 4:00 P.M.

Guests on decks 2 & 3 should arrive for check-in at 5:00 P.M.

We invite our Suite, Pinnacle, Diamond Plus, Diamond, Emerald and Platinum guests to arrive anytime between 1:00 p.m. and 7:00 p.m.

We remind you that the ship will sail at 4:30 p.m. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation, and look forward to welcoming you onboard Adventure of the Seas.

To confirm: reply with YES and send."

Well, they just sent a correction text and phone call. Unfortunately, they still show the sail time as 4:30pm. Expect I will see another text soon.

Check-in Notice, Adventure of the Seas, Dec 14, 2014

Hello, this is Royal Caribbean International. We would like to apologize for the previous message that was sent with incorrect check-in times. Please review the times below for the correct time to arrive for your sailing on December 14, 2014, onboard Adventure of the Seas.

Guests on deck 9 should arrive for check-in at 2:00 P.M.

Guests on deck 8 should arrive for check-in at 2:30 P.M.

Guests on deck 7 should arrive for check-in at 3:30 P.M.

Guests on deck 6 should arrive for check-in at 4:00 P.M.

We invite our Suite, Pinnacle, Diamond Plus, Diamond, Emerald and Platinum guests to arrive anytime between 1:00 p.m. and 7:00 p.m.

We remind you that the ship will sail at 4:30 p.m.

We appreciate your understanding and cooperation, and look forward to welcoming you onboard Adventure of the Seas.

FYI... if you get a text from RCI about your check-in times, it may be messed up. Below is what I received via text (and a phone call) this morning. I really feel bad for guests on decks 2 & 3 - they are told to arrive 30 minutes after the sailing time (which is also wrong - sails at 8 or 8:30pm). We are on deck 8 -- guess we can never board. :)

"Check-in Notice, Adventure of the Seas, Dec 14, 2014

Hello, this is Royal Caribbean International. We would like to provide you with important information regarding your sailing on December 14, 2014, onboard Adventure of the Seas. To enhance your check-in and boarding experience, we ask that you arrive to the terminal based on your assigned decks.

Guests on deck 10 should arrive for check-in at 2:00 P.M.

Guests on deck 10 should arrive for check-in at 2:30 P.M.

Guests on deck 10 should arrive for check-in at 3:30 P.M.

Guests on deck 10 should arrive for check-in at 4:00 P.M.

We remind you that the ship will sail at 4:30 p.m. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation, and look forward to welcoming you onboard Adventure of the Seas.

To confirm: reply with YES and send."

and if someone actually abided by that and missed the ship you can count on RCI not taking any of the blame.

How do they continue to send out so many messed up text and emails.

i have a cruise to the western Caribbean in April and just got an email to book shore excursions for the Eastern Caribbean.

Bill

My family boards Indy on Sunday and we all got double texts/calls/emails. One set said Jewel of the Seas and the other said Independence. I freaked a little and immediately checked everyone's reservations to make sure we were all booked on Indy. I haven't received any correction calls or messages yet.

My family boards Indy on Sunday and we all got double texts/calls/emails. One set said Jewel of the Seas and the other said Independence. I freaked a little and immediately checked everyone's reservations to make sure we were all booked on Indy. I haven't received any correction calls or messages yet.

It's been happening like that on and off again. I suspect a bad join in their mailer engine, like Jewel and Indy accidentally share an ID in a database file someplace, and whenever they sail on the same day, everybody gets both. This afternoon, I got to tell 40 people that it was nothing to worry about and they weren't getting on the wrong ship Sunday.

I should really send RC a resume someday...