It's cool in the Bahama's, not sure how to pack!

6 of us

I had asked about cruising in Dec & most peeps found it plenty warm. Well, I guess it's a cold front because the high is only going to be 72 & with the wind I imagine it will never feel that warm. I feel like a dork but I am not sure how to pack. I want all my shorts & tanks but… I'll freeze!:eek:

Edited by 6 of us

I already packed last week for this weekend. Shorts and T-shirts/Golf shirts for the day time, slacks and dress shirt for diner and the clubs. Well it has been like 55-60* here in Jacksonville this week and it doesn't look like it is going to get any better by Thursday so will be sure to have a jacket or 2 and may be in long pants all weekend. A post from Nassau said the water was like really cold, but you could see kids on the slide and swimming so maybe it is OK there.

I hate winter in Florida. :mad:

I already packed last week for this weekend. Shorts and T-shirts/Golf shirts for the day time, slacks and dress shirt for diner and the clubs. Well it has been like 55-60* here in Jacksonville this week and it doesn't look like it is going to get any better by Thursday so will be sure to have a jacket or 2 and may be in long pants all weekend. A post from Nassau said the water was like really cold, but you could see kids on the slide and swimming so maybe it is OK there.

I hate winter in Florida. :mad:

Try Winter in Pittsburgh :D:p

Thanks everyone, this helps a lot. I am bringing enough shorts & enough pants for every day & sweat shirts. I'll look a little sloppy but at least I'll be warm! Looks like Thursday when we leave Jacksonville it will only be in the 60's GASP! :eek:. I'll be wearing long yoga pants & a long sleeve shirt that day. booo I despise the cold!

I hope we are surprised with some hot sunshine for a couple of hours each day, I want a tan :D. We were also going to pay to go to a resort in Freeport to use their beach but if the ocean is cold….:confused:

I just left the Bahamas and it was nice as long as you don't get in the water. I'd say the high was around 75 in the sun and 70 in the shade. The ocean was freezing cold but that didn't stop my kids from getting in. Me personally, I couldn't stand to put my feet in. IMO beach weather is 85/90+ degree weather. On the ship I kept a light shawl or sweater. Most of our clothes were shorts, sundresses and sandals.

On the ship the pool water was cold but once you get in your body will adjust. During sea day it was pretty warm even with the wind blowing as long as the sun wasn't behind the clouds.

I agree, I prefer the low 80's for beach weather. I live in the south & I do not enjoy the cold at all. The high is 72 for the next several days but hey, that may change & it may get warmer, the weather man is often wrong :p. If it is only 72, that is better than the low 50's which is what it is in Georgia.

Those of you who just cruised, thanks so much for telling me the conditions & what you think I need to back. I really appreciate your responses!!

I just left the Bahamas and it was nice as long as you don't get in the water. I'd say the high was around 75 in the sun and 70 in the shade. The ocean was freezing cold but that didn't stop my kids from getting in. Me personally, I couldn't stand to put my feet in. IMO beach weather is 85/90+ degree weather. On the ship I kept a light shawl or sweater. Most of our clothes were shorts, sundresses and sandals.

On the ship the pool water was cold but once you get in your body will adjust. During sea day it was pretty warm even with the wind blowing as long as the sun wasn't behind the clouds.

That was recent, yes, but it was nice here then too. The temps sure took a dive since yesterday though. Ever since the cold spell a few years ago, I pack slacks and a sweatshirt and jacket. It was ridiculous. I just got back 2 weeks ago (with my sweats packed) and didn't need them. It's unpredictable, but better to go prepared.