NOS Nov. 30: some observations

39august

I was NOT happy to find no lounger on our Grand Suite balcony. Our steward told us he could not get us a lounger as all the loungers had been removed from GS balconies. Huh? JS gets loungers, but GS's don't? Had Diamond club concierge check this out. She (Nadja) called housekeeping manager and we had a lounger brought by room steward about an hour later. Appearetly you can request a lounger ( or 2) from either Guest Services or housekeeping, but there will be none on your GS balcony upon boarding. Guest Services mgr. advised they are "waiting for new furniture". Weird. I was very pleased with the entertainment on this cruise. Other than first and last night, there were no production shows. We enjoyed Gary Mule Deer's comedy show on second night. I missed the show third night, but was supposed to be magic/comedy. Went to the ice show fourth night, tho' I've seen it several times before. Fifth night a terrific musical show was put on by a former Foreigner musician, Domenick Allen. Very talented. Sixth night was the acrobatic team of Donovan and Rebecca. They are amazing. GT was great, as usual. I always request asperagus instead of potatoes with my steak and am always accomodated. There is mongolian stir fry on formal nights in the Windjammer. The CL and DL were crazy, as there were 500 Diamond and D+ and 19 Pinnacle members on board. After the first night, Nadja expanded the overflow for the DL to the entire Viking Crown. As usual the service all around was outstanding. Bubba Feathers Band left NOS on Dec. 7 as did Nadja. Ricardo is leaving for vacation soon as well. Nadja returns Jan. 25 or 28, whichever is a sail date. Bubba and band return sometime in mid Feb. as does Ricardo.

Interesting - same cruise. We had no crowding issues in the CL the 3 or 4 nights we went. We went around 6:15 though so all the early dinner people were gone. Also no lounger but we asked our cabin attendant to get one - it was from the pool deck.

Will try to do a review soon but got hit with work and family illnesses upon my return.

Sabor is definitely worth the hype - guacamole and queso fundido are a meal in themselves.

I was NOT happy to find no lounger on our Grand Suite balcony. Our steward told us he could not get us a lounger as all the loungers had been removed from GS balconies. Huh? JS gets loungers, but GS's don't? Had Diamond club concierge check this out. She (Nadja) called housekeeping manager and we had a lounger brought by room steward about an hour later. Appearetly you can request a lounger ( or 2) from either Guest Services or housekeeping, but there will be none on your GS balcony upon boarding. Guest Services mgr. advised they are "waiting for new furniture". Weird. I was very pleased with the entertainment on this cruise. Other than first and last night, there were no production shows. We enjoyed Gary Mule Deer's comedy show on second night. I missed the show third night, but was supposed to be magic/comedy. Went to the ice show fourth night, tho' I've seen it several times before. Fifth night a terrific musical show was put on by a former Foreigner musician, Domenick Allen. Very talented. Sixth night was the acrobatic team of Donovan and Rebecca. They are amazing. GT was great, as usual. I always request asperagus instead of potatoes with my steak and am always accomodated. There is mongolian stir fry on formal nights in the Windjammer. The CL and DL were crazy, as there were 500 Diamond and D+ and 19 Pinnacle members on board. After the first night, Nadja expanded the overflow for the DL to the entire Viking Crown. As usual the service all around was outstanding. Bubba Feathers Band left NOS on Dec. 7 as did Nadja. Ricardo is leaving for vacation soon as well. Nadja returns Jan. 25 or 28, whichever is a sail date. Bubba and band return sometime in mid Feb. as does Ricardo.

Did you walk off with luggage or have a number to leave? Inotherwords, how was disembarkation?

You used an abbreviation 'GT' -- please explain what you mean, for those that don't understand the lingo.

We also had the GS on Navigator but when we asked for lounge chairs room steward said she will check ( she was a great room steward) and next time we returned to suite they were there, this was end of April 2014. Nice thing about the gold card is the Concierge will help when needed

Yes, Giovanni's Table. Linda, we did not carry off. Since we were in a GS we were the first group off after carry off. It went quite fast as compared to some Galveston debarkations. I believe immigration has new scanners for passports. Last time they were inputting info manually. So the scanning surely helped move things along. This was after the Belize itinerary, which has typically been the "slow" debarkation. We left the suite locale in Chops at 8:30 and were out of the terminal and getting a taxi by about 9:10. We are back on NOS March 1 and May 10 and 17. See you on one of those dates?

Did anybody notice any parades in the Promenade? We booked a promenade cabin hoping our little boy could see the parades (like we had on a previous NOS cruise), but were super disappointed to not see it on the compass every night. Maybe we were just blind.