So frustrated

Keleun

We are sailing on 01/23/15 and so aggrivated already. We have has so many issues with booking our dining. Started the process 2 months ago and still not correct. Spent over 3 hours on the phone with 4 reps and 2 supervisors. The bottom line is, our credit card has been charged, but 5 nights are not locked in. We were told yesterday that it would be fixed today....today ends in 3 hours..not holding our breath. We really don't want to feel this mad before stepping on this beautiful ship.

We are sailing on 01/23/15 and so aggrivated already. We have has so many issues with booking our dining. Started the process 2 months ago and still not correct. Spent over 3 hours on the phone with 4 reps and 2 supervisors. The bottom line is, our credit card has been charged, but 5 nights are not locked in. We were told yesterday that it would be fixed today....today ends in 3 hours..not holding our breath. We really don't want to feel this mad before stepping on this beautiful ship.

Sorry to hear you're having a tough time booking your dinner reservations before your cruise. But, once you step aboard this majestic and beautiful vessel your troubles will melt away. Quantum is a very special ship and traveling aboard her to the Southern Caribbean for ten days will be terrific.

Just go in with an open mind, don't let any minor issues derail your enjoyment. It might sound cliche, but, there are always a few glitches, but, aboard Quantum the good far outweighs the negative, have a wonderful cruise.

Jonathan

I'm on the same cruise and have the same issues. I finally spoke to a rep who said that the ship should see what's on my calendar not what's on my cruise documents and not to worry. He also said that just in case to print up my calendar, which shows everything, and bring a copy with me. Hopefully, your calendar is correct.

i just got a document from the travel agent today, and it shows all our show reservations - but I'm pretty sure some of them are not at the time I originally reserved. We do have several meals reserved, but have left open a few nights to "wing it." After so much grief with these reservations over the past few months, I have vowed not to even look at my on-line calendar. What will be will be - I'm over the agita.

Happily, a number of the complaints people have are not important to us -

1)Elevators not working - we try to take the stairs as often as possible.

2)Internet on the fritz - it's working enough for my "touch base" purposes

3)No Quest - no great loss

4)Taking too long to board - used to it. You get on eventually

5)Can't get to know your waiter - really? We've had waiters that we preferred not knowing (and actually got one removed)

6) Can't get to know your tablemates with DD. Meet people elsewhere and ask them to join you for dinner; or tell the maitre d' you'd like to sit with others. (We're with friends, so I don't care, although we don't mind if others join us.)

7) Not enough activities during the day. Are you kidding? Did you look at the Compasses posted? Plus, have you seen the pics of the solarium chairs?!! I can't wait to park my overworked (and somewhat large) butt on one of them with a good book and keep that "quench me" flag flying. (I do realize that we could have paid a lot less for lounging in a solarium, but that "ship has sailed.")

8) Don't like Jimmy Rhodes - the last CD we had that we really really thought was fantastic was Gordon Whatley on the Radiance in 2002.

9) There's no Royal Promenade. It's just a shopping mall. We have them at home.

Overall, as the person in our group charged with making reservations I have stressed too much and I'm done. I'm driving to Bayonne with my overpacked bags - no rebalancing/repacking bags in the airport and none of the other indignities of flying. Getting to the pier at my appointed time, boarding the ship whenever they allow it -with my two bottles of expensive wine with no corkage fee- and enjoying the brand new cabin with an oversized balcony.

I realized that people are entitled to their feelings and disappointments, and I am a really big complainer by nature, but I have resolved to mellow out for this vacation. (In a few weeks we'll see if the resolution holds - lol)

We are also traveling on the same cruise and have had great difficulty booking our reservations online. We spoke with several reps and supervisors on the phone who have assured us that everything is in order as we have requested. We will be bringing along our emails from them just in case. At the end of the day.....it is a vacation and I plan on enjoying myself and not going to worry about it. I do agree though, it is extremely frustrating to navigate the online booking system.

In the meantime I am enjoying all of the reviews and photos and thank those who have taken the time from their vacation to post information. It is greatly appreciated.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Am I the only one who has not had a problem with the online reservations? I've booked shows, restaurants, deleted restaurants, added restaurants, added and deleted shore excursions, all with no hassle or vanishing reservations. I'm not trying to call anyone a liar, as someone in the software business I know that bugs are a fact of life, but from the sound of things nothing ever works. Maybe I should buy a lottery ticket, since my luck appears to be very good.

I sail on Quantum on Friday. Maybe they'll have none of my reservations, but I'm hoping my luck will hold. Either way, I'm sure I won't starve die of thirst or be bored to death.

I will also sail on Jan 23 and did all my online reservation with no problems. I booked Jamie's Italian, all complementary restaurants, Mamma Mia, Starwater and two shore excursions very easily.

The only problem I had was that my credit Card is from Brazil and it was not possíble to charge it automatically. I contacted the customer service and they finally charged my credit Card within 2 days.

As CarpeCervise wrote above, maybe I'm just lucky but I don't understand why some people are still having problems with online reservation since we are using the same system.

Have a Nice cruise everyone!

Enviado do meu iPad usando Tapatalk

Am I the only one who has not had a problem with the online reservations? I've booked shows, restaurants, deleted restaurants, added restaurants, added and deleted shore excursions, all with no hassle or vanishing reservations. I'm not trying to call anyone a liar, as someone in the software business I know that bugs are a fact of life, but from the sound of things nothing ever works. Maybe I should buy a lottery ticket, since my luck appears to be very good.

I sail on Quantum on Friday. Maybe they'll have none of my reservations, but I'm hoping my luck will hold. Either way, I'm sure I won't starve die of thirst or be bored to death.

Am booked for the April24th cruise ans also have all my dining reservations completed, zero glitches....K.O.:)

We had an issue with our reservations...I think it was more due to the fact that I added a person to my room...We have 2 rooms booked and had booked all of our shows and dinners and then had to add another person. We had a few double reservations popup, a few missing ones, etc. Royal got it all sorted out though. This reservation system is all new to them too.

i just got a document from the travel agent today, and it shows all our show reservations - but I'm pretty sure some of them are not at the time I originally reserved. We do have several meals reserved, but have left open a few nights to "wing it." After so much grief with these reservations over the past few months, I have vowed not to even look at my on-line calendar. What will be will be - I'm over the agita.

Happily, a number of the complaints people have are not important to us -

1)Elevators not working - we try to take the stairs as often as possible.

2)Internet on the fritz - it's working enough for my "touch base" purposes

3)No Quest - no great loss

4)Taking too long to board - used to it. You get on eventually

5)Can't get to know your waiter - really? We've had waiters that we preferred not knowing (and actually got one removed)

6) Can't get to know your tablemates with DD. Meet people elsewhere and ask them to join you for dinner; or tell the maitre d' you'd like to sit with others. (We're with friends, so I don't care, although we don't mind if others join us.)

7) Not enough activities during the day. Are you kidding? Did you look at the Compasses posted? Plus, have you seen the pics of the solarium chairs?!! I can't wait to park my overworked (and somewhat large) butt on one of them with a good book and keep that "quench me" flag flying. (I do realize that we could have paid a lot less for lounging in a solarium, but that "ship has sailed.")

8) Don't like Jimmy Rhodes - the last CD we had that we really really thought was fantastic was Gordon Whatley on the Radiance in 2002.

9) There's no Royal Promenade. It's just a shopping mall. We have them at home.

Overall, as the person in our group charged with making reservations I have stressed too much and I'm done. I'm driving to Bayonne with my overpacked bags - no rebalancing/repacking bags in the airport and none of the other indignities of flying. Getting to the pier at my appointed time, boarding the ship whenever they allow it -with my two bottles of expensive wine with no corkage fee- and enjoying the brand new cabin with an oversized balcony.

I realized that people are entitled to their feelings and disappointments, and I am a really big complainer by nature, but I have resolved to mellow out for this vacation. (In a few weeks we'll see if the resolution holds - lol)

Ksg

I totally agree with you, some of the complaints are so small and they are letting them ruin their vacation. I was just wondering where you seen copies of the cruise compass. We are sailing on 3/21 and we were looking to look at some of them to see if we can plan ahead.

Thanks for your help and enjoy your cruise.

Nicole and Barry

We have had no problems with reservations either. We are just waiting for the show times to come out, so we can make sure our dinner reservations line up. We sail on 3/21/15, so we are hoping they come out soon.

Nicole and Barry