Believe me, I'm Not Complaining...

BosoxI

but we were just assigned a wheelchair accessible guarantee on the Caribbean Princess. It looks to be considerably larger and with a bigger balcony than the standard cabin. Once before on some long forgotten trip we were also assigned an accessible cabin, but my wife was not wild about the configuration. Perhaps it was the twin bed set up, rather than the queen. I'm not sure, but can anyone tell me his opinion of this cabin? Is being by an elevator lobby noisy? We got such a fantastic deal, I hate to sound picky. Thanks

Not all handicapped cabins are twin only, some are. Best to look at the deck plans or call Princess or your TA and ask.

We frequently book by the mid or aft elevators and have found it incredibly quiet an convenient. Never had sound issues here.

You may want to post the exact cabin number.

The online deck plans don't indicate either way anymore. You may want to call and see if you can have a queen. If not, if you prefer, you may be able to switch to a different cabin.

On line it shows as a queen, but I don't know if that is the actual configuration or merely my request. It's only a five day cruise, so it's really not a big deal. OTH I like to see my wife happy, if at all possible ;)

On line it shows as a queen, but I don't know if that is the actual configuration or merely my request. It's only a five day cruise, so it's really not a big deal. OTH I like to see my wife happy, if at all possible ;)

Hmm, usually not advisable to make your wife TOO happy. Spoil her, soon she will expect it all the time! :D

Seems like a nice upgrade. My wife and I actually prefer to have the twin setup most of the time, so that wouldn't bother us, but I can understand it would for most couples.

For those of you suggesting they call their TA or Princess reps, do you all really think they will have any idea other than what it says on their computer? Maybe it will, as they might have some sort of additional information, but I think they just have the same information as we see on public deck plans and on the Princess web site. I guess I shouldn't be too cynical, it just seems like I know a heck of a lot more about Princess ships than the general Princess call center employee does, and that isn't saying much. Well, I have cruise a few times and am addicted to cruisecritic and information about cruising, but it's frustrating to often experience Princess employees who just read off scripts or just say something that is wrong. I'll get off my soap box now :)

For those of you suggesting they call their TA or Princess reps, do you all really think they will have any idea other than what it says on their computer? Maybe it will, as they might have some sort of additional information, but I think they just have the same information as we see on public deck plans and on the Princess web site.

Yes - they have this information. They have a special notation on cabins that are unique such as non-converting twins, no tub in mini suites, etc..

Edited by Coral

We have been upgraded on 2 of our 3 Princess cruises to an accessible cabin when we receive cabin assignment from a guarantee booking. I always feel a little guilty, but our assignments are generally the week of the sailing so I suppose that means no one who needs the cabin has booked.

Ours have been queen beds, so I guess we've been lucky. I didn't realize they had any where they twin beds remained stationary. I guess that make sense though.

We have definitely enjoyed the extra room.

I do recommend googling your cabin number and ship (or any sister ship). You're likely to come up with some pictures of the actual room.