Christmas Cruise

Caribbean Hat

When Carnival starts doing longer Caribbean cruises, I may give them a try as solo fares are getting more and more expensive on HAL and Princess. I find that longer cruises tend to attract a different type of passengers, i.e. not quite the party crowd trying to squeeze all the fun into 7 days. I've noticed the difference even on Princess between short and longer cruises.

I did a two week Holiday cruise on the Amsterdam last year which was just about perfect.

It was long enough (14 days), and immediately preceded the World Cruise, so the passenger mix was great. A few young families, plenty of 40-somethings, the best set of LGBT regulars I have ever met on a cruise. By incorporating both of the major holidays, it meant complete freedom from holiday and party planning. I could happily do Christmas and New Years at sea from now on!

Each year we try to get away at Thanksgiving or Christmas. This year Christmas won out. We will be on Carnival again, but if it was as HORRIBLE as our last cruise on the Pride, it will be our last and then back to Holland..

Hope you come back to Hal.:D You might try New Years, they are really fun cruises.:)

I did a two week Holiday cruise on the Amsterdam last year which was just about perfect.

It was long enough (14 days), and immediately preceded the World Cruise, so the passenger mix was great. A few young families, plenty of 40-somethings, the best set of LGBT regulars I have ever met on a cruise. By incorporating both of the major holidays, it meant complete freedom from holiday and party planning. I could happily do Christmas and New Years at sea from now on!

Thank you for posting this! I am on the Amsterdam this year, it's my first solo cruise and I am little nervous. But reading your post gives me some comfort.

Edited by NYJO725

I totally agree with your thinking, James. Freedom from holiday and party planning is a gift in itself. I like holiday cruising too for that very reason.