Suite Boarding

IndyDenise

So how does the boarding for the suites work at FLL? Is there a separate line? Is there lounge access? What time should I arrive?

I was wondering if I should buy the Faster to the Fun Pass or not. It would be nice to drop off the carryons and have the luggage earlier but I can live without it.

We do have one tender at Grand Cayman ( arrive at 8.00am ) but I have a shorex booked with Carnival at 9.00am so I would ( hopefully ) think that they would let me tender early enough to make that excursion.

Thanks for any help, I have never booked a suite before on CCL.

I'm sure you will get more up to date info on this from other posters but on our last cruise out of FLL in a suite (Freedom, 2012), there was a separate line for suite guests and it was relatively short BUT that was in terminal 29. Depending on what terminal they use on your embarkation day, you could find it different. We've also departed out of terminal 21 on CCL and while there was a separate line for suites, it was still kind of chaotic. Again, the terminal you use will probably dictate what's available for suite guests.
P.S: Personally I would not buy the FTTF if you're in a suite and don't care about early access to your cabin and luggage. Edited by joepeka

We have only had a suite out of PC but for the tender, if you have a carnival booked excursion then they will make sure you are off the boat in time. They usually have you meet someone on the ship, usually the theater for the ones I have been on, then they give you your dots and when it is your turn then off you go to get on the tender :) So you don't really need FTTF for that. Really the only thing you are missing then would be to drop off your carryon but that depends on what you plan to do, if you just want to get on get something to eat and sit and relax you can always bring your stuff with you :) since you get on early too, if you want, you shouldn't have to worry about finding a table.

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="4"][COLOR="Blue"]Suites entitle you to "priority" embarkation, but not to priority boarding on tenders. Unless you are Platinum or above, you would need to purchase FTTF for that perk.

Before we became Platinum I did try FTTF and found it worth its value when using the tenders. However, if you purchased a CCL excursion, then like the poster above stated, you will meet up in the theatre and they will call the tours by "group" for getting off the ship. You will not ever miss boarding a CCL excursion if you go to the theatre when you are supposed to meet there (the time of meeting and location to meet is printed on your excursion tickets delivered to your cabin).[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

We always book a suite and we always get FTTF too. The suite only gets you on early via the VIP lounge. No other perks are provided to suite passengers other than a low group number (ours has always been group 3) for debark. FTTF gets your bags delivered early and your room available when you board. We go straight to the room, unpack and put away our stuff and are usually having lunch before the crowds show up. We don't really care about debark as we always drive to the port so we get off late anyway.

PS: be sure the porter puts the orange FTTF tag on all your checked luggage. Edited by travler27

[quote name='IndyDenise']Thank you , that does help. My mother (age 71) will be with us . The more info I have the easier it will be for me.
[/QUOTE]

For that reason the 50 bucks to get you in your cabin will be money well spent.
She can drop off her stuff then make her way up to the buffet for lunch.

Unless you arrive at the pier about 1 then can have the access right away but the lido buffet will be super crowded.