Alaska cruise

gray top surfer

We are planning our first Alaska Cruise for 2016. We definately want to do the helicopter ride to the Mendenhall glacier and the dog sled ride tour. Any suggestions - comments? What would be the best month? May? June? July? Advice on dress?

Thanks.

Edited by gray top surfer

my wife and I did the Vancouver to seaward 7 day Alaska cruise back a few years ago (our very first cruise) on the carnival spirit in a balcony cabin ,starboard side towards the stern of the ship.we went at the end of may,what can I say,only absolutely marvellous,we are not ones to take a lot of ships or anyones excursions,but on this occasion we took one.before my wifes mother died she asked me that if one day I could ever afford it, could I take my wife to Alaska and take her on a real dog sled in the snow, something I did not know my wife wanted to do until her mother told me near her end.

well bugger it I thought and I scraped up the money and took my wife to Alaska ,and yes we did go way up in a helicopter out of skagway on top of a glacier where there were hundreds of dogs and a marvellous camp area for the dogs and their handlers.when we got out of the helicopter she just stood there and cried,(I cried a bit to), but hey you only live once, it was next to marrying her the second best feeling I have had in my life,go to Alaska in whatever ship in whatever cabin at whatever cost,and enjoy one of the most pristine parts of the world.

have a great cruise

gray top surfer:

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

There is an excellent Alaska Cruise Critic forum located under "Ports of Call." There you will find an great amount of information and opinions regarding ports, itineraries, and shore excursions.

Hope you enjoy your plans to visit our state. We who live here think that we live in a very special place.