Didn't get double credit for suite

grandpaiscruising

Just returned from doing Alaska on the Ruby Princess and Princess did make the adjustment for my number of cruises, but after spending time recently on Celebrity in a suite I doubt if I will do a suite on Princess again for only a better breakfast and extra cruise credit. Did enjoy the most traveled senior officer's cocktail party though and will cruise Princess in the :)future as they go more of the places I want to visit. I gave them $200 for a future cruise for my wife and I. They made our 45th wedding anniversary special in the Crown Grill and I enjoyed the free wine from the elite coupon book. The food on the Ruby in the main dining room was as good as I got on Celebrity and they had lobster there, that we did not get on Celebrity except in the Pay extra restaurants which were also more expensive than they are on Princess.:)

Silhouette, 3/26/17, Summit, 5/8/16 Solstice, 2/14/16 Ruby Princess, 5/3/15, HAL 56 days, RCCL 104 points, NCL 28 days, Princess Elite 228 days, Royal 14 days, Cunard 49 days, Celebrity Elite+ 757 points

Can someone tell me when the $75 bonus from Princess occurs. Does it happen on the 20th cruise or on the 21st cruise?

Thanks.

Jennie

After you have earned 20 cruise credits, not cruises, you will receive $25 OBC on your next cruise. You receive an additional cruise credit for sailing solo and additional cruise credit for booking a full suite but free upgrades don't qualify for an additional cruise credit. The OBC increases to $50 after you have earned 31 cruise credits, $75 after you have earned 41 cruise credits and finally to a max of $100 after you have earned 51 cruise credits. The OBC is per cabin, not per person. Edited by IECalCruiser

After you have earned 20 cruise credits, not cruises, you will receive $25 OBC on your next cruise. You receive an additional cruise credit for sailing solo and additional cruise credit for booking a full suite but free upgrades don't qualify for an additional cruise credit. The OBC increases to $50 after you have earned 31 cruise credits, $75 after you have earned 41 cruise credits and finally to a max of $100 after you have earned 51 cruise credits. The OBC is per cabin, not per person.

Thanks for explaining the cruise credits. We have 18 each and I misunderstood that we would be getting $75 each not $25 for the cabin. Still, it is a bonus which Princess doesn't have to give. We do have 2 more cruises this year so we won't be receiving the bonus until we book another cruise unless of course we get an upsell to a suite, which we have managed on the last two cruises so therefore we have received the 2 credits each time instead of just one.

Jennie

I don't remember what year they started this but for cruises before the start date, they didn't make it retroactive.

For example - if you were in a Suite in the year 2000, you don't receive double credit for that as the policy wasn't in force then.

The same with solo occupancy of cabins :(.