Didn't get double credit for suite

grandpaiscruising

Last month I saw a post that Princess was giving double credit for those in a suite. Well I was in a penthouse suite on the Crown several years ago and did not get double credit. I wrote a letter to Princess and they corrected my record, but where is this in writing because I normally do not get brochures. I have been elite since 2004 and wonder what else I have missed. :confused:

Ruby Princess, 5/3/15, Constellation, 2/21/15-3/7/15, HAL 56 days, RCCL 104 points, NCL 28 days, Princess 221 days, Royal 14 days, Cunard 49 days, Celebrity 570 points

Last month I saw a post that Princess was giving double credit for those in a suite. Well I was in a penthouse suite on the Crown several years ago and did not get double credit. I wrote a letter to Princess and they corrected my record, but where is this in writing because I normally do not get brochures. I have been elite since 2004 and wonder what else I have missed. :confused:

Ruby Princess, 5/3/15, Constellation, 2/21/15-3/7/15, HAL 56 days, RCCL 104 points, NCL 28 days, Princess 221 days, Royal 14 days, Cunard 49 days, Celebrity 570 points

You can see your complete cruise history at My Princess at http://www.princess.com

Mike:)

Edited by bhopal21

Log in to your My Princess. At the top left, there should be a link that says how many times you have sailed. Click that and you should be able to see your cruise history. This happened to me, so I have one cruise listed twice with one credit each and one cruise has zero days.

Did you book the Penthouse?

Upgrades are not eligible for the extra cruise credit.

To clarify "free" upgrades do not count for anything other than the credits for the fare paid. If one paid for an upsell they do indeed get the additional credit.

I don't remember what year they started this but for cruises before the start date, they didn't make it retroactive.

For example - if you were in a Suite in the year 2000, you don't receive double credit for that as the policy wasn't in force then.

Edited by Coral

I don't remember what year they started this but for cruises before the start date, they didn't make it retroactive.

For example - if you were in a Suite in the year 2000, you don't receive double credit for that as the policy wasn't in force then.

It started in 2009.

We only got credit for one 2008 and before.

Mike:)

• 5 months later...

I just booked a mini-suite on the Ruby Princess for 15 days to Hawaii next April out of LA. Do you get double points for the mini-suite or do you have to book the much larger suites?

Peggy

I just booked a mini-suite on the Ruby Princess for 15 days to Hawaii next April out of LA. Do you get double points for the mini-suite or do you have to book the much larger suites?

Peggy

Full suites only.

What exactly is this double credit? Is it just counting your cruise twice for the purposes of the Captain's Circle? Newbie question, sorry.

Newbie questions are valid. Yes, levels in Captain's Circle are attained either by number of cruise credits or number of cruise nights, so one could be elite after 8 short cruises, all taken in a suite for 16 cruise credits total (or 8 cruises sailing solo in any stateroom).

Newbie questions are valid. Yes, levels in Captain's Circle are attained either by number of cruise credits or number of cruise nights, so one could be elite after 8 short cruises, all taken in a suite for 16 cruise credits total (or 8 cruises sailing solo in any stateroom).

Thanks. I didn't know that. I'm not sure it's noted on the Princess Website.

Peggy

The only thing mini-suites get you is a cheap bottle of champagne that is very useful to clean your pipes if they are clogged, a little extra space in your cabin and the "opportunity" to pay $12.00 vs. $11.50 for gratuities.:rolleyes:

The only thing mini-suites get you is a cheap bottle of champagne that is very useful to clean your pipes if they are clogged, a little extra space in your cabin and the "opportunity" to pay $12.00 vs. $11.50 for gratuities.:rolleyes:

And a sofa instead of just one comfortable chair.

And a tub/shower instead of a small shower stall that you would have in a balcony or inside cabin.

Thanks. I didn't know that. I'm not sure it's noted on the Princess Website.

It is noted, but kind of buried down in a FAQ page. I couldn't get a link to work so here's how to find it.

1) Go to the bottom of the main Princess page. You will see a section in the lower right corner titled "More Information".

2) Right under "More Information" is a Captain's Circle link, go there.

3) On that page, in the right column, second from the bottom is a "Questions" link. That's where you'll find out all sorts of stuff!

Happy reading...:D

Actually the "champagne" was pretty good on the Crown. Our friends were in the mini next to us and our two cabins were the last two our steward got to. No one else had opted for the "champagne" so he gave us the two unopened bottles which was a pleasant surprise [emoji4] We shared one at sail away and had another before dinner one night.

And if, as I will be, you sail solo in a Full Suite, after 5 cruises, on my next cruise-hoping to organise it for my 60th birthday-I shall be Elite based on current information, and I know the rules may be changed!

The 2 and 3 night cruises will be what helps me achieve this-have, for my access needs, only the Golden Princess available, and not many cruises that are Coastal, I do not want, at this stage, to travel internationally, so my choice is a bit limited.

Crochetcruise :cool:

Headache water. :rolleyes:

And if, as I will be, you sail solo in a Full Suite, after 5 cruises, on my next cruise-hoping to organise it for my 60th birthday-I shall be Elite based on current information, and I know the rules may be changed!

The 2 and 3 night cruises will be what helps me achieve this-have, for my access needs, only the Golden Princess available, and not many cruises that are Coastal, I do not want, at this stage, to travel internationally, so my choice is a bit limited.

Crochetcruise :cool:

Ah but on the Golden you can book the Sun Deck suites. We totally love those, only ones in the fleet. Private - very quiet - and just a cut above.

To clarify "free" upgrades do not count for anything other than the credits for the fare paid. If one paid for an upsell they do indeed get the additional credit.

Good to know, we just completed a cruise where we took an upsell to a suite and I see Princess didn't give us the 2 credits for that voyage. Looks like I will need to call Princess and see if they will make the adjustment...

Unless something has changed there is no bottle of cheap champagne, only two glasses (one per person in the cabin) of the stuff. Full disclosure, we drank ours and thought it was as good as some house wines in mid-priced land restaurants. And, yes, more space was nice as well as a bathtub with a shower head vs the small shower in the smaller cabins. Bigger balcony as well, even if it is not covered on the Grand class ships (yes, I know, unless you get one of the Emerald deck minis, that is what we had the one time we got a mini, thanks upgrade fairy for that).:cool:

Edited by ar1950

Good to know, we just completed a cruise where we took an upsell to a suite and I see Princess didn't give us the 2 credits for that voyage. Looks like I will need to call Princess and see if they will make the adjustment...

They will - and it only takes a minute or two while you stay on the line (or at least that was my experience in a similar case).

That's what I thought. Oh well it was worth a shot to double check. Really the points don't give you that many perks anyway with Princess. I think RCL has the best status club perks but they don't go everywhere I want to go from the states. Guess one can't have everything LOL.

Thanks for the info! First cruise on Princess.

Peggy

Edited by PegK