miracle dry dock?

aawheat

• 3 weeks later...

I wish Carnival would publicize this already. Seems that bookings are low, specifically to my cruise date on the Miracle. Tons of rooms still available. Perhaps if they released the info, more people would be enticed to reserve. :rolleyes:

I wish Carnival would publicize this already. Seems that bookings are low, specifically to my cruise date on the Miracle. Tons of rooms still available. Perhaps if they released the info, more people would be enticed to reserve. :rolleyes:

They have publicized it like any other drydock but because of propulsion issue she needs it urgently.

They have publicized it like any other drydock but because of propulsion issue she needs it urgently.

They haven't publicized it like other drydocks. They have been very vague. I want to book it, but their lack of info is confusing.

The NCL ship I am booked on is returning from drydock 5 days earlier and NCL has said exactly what they are upgrading on the ship.

Carnival has said very little. It is irritating.

• 2 weeks later...
Is this ship still safe with the engine problems I'm hearing about?:rolleyes:

Yes, the ship is still safe. They are having propulsion problems with one of their azipods (the propellers).

All that means is that the ship is relying more on one engine than the other to propel the ship. Until the propulsion issue is fixed, the ship will have to reduce their speed from 22 down to 18-20 knots. All hotel and safety systems are unaffected.

One thing I did read from someone on here is that the unbalanced propulsion is causing more rocking of the ship. Maybe someone who has taken Miracle in the past 8 months can confirm this here.

The Miracle had a hard time getting to all of the ports in Hawaii during its run there and also had to cancel a number of Alaska and Hawaii sailings in 2014 since the ship can't travel the long distance fast enough. Safety has nothing to do with it.

Here's a link to a Cruise Critic article the issue: http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=5823

Edited by 20somethingguy

We were on the October HI cruise.

We had a bit of rocking going over and even less on the way back. The route to HI crosses the Alaskan current. It's almost always rocking.

Edited by SadieN

One thing I did read from someone on here is that the unbalanced propulsion is causing more rocking of the ship. Maybe someone who has taken Miracle in the past 8 months can confirm this here.

Smooth sailing to the Mexico Riviera in November.

• 4 weeks later...