Question Pre-Existing

Quench

Did not buy insurance within pre existing time frame because I thought we would not go on cruise, well my 79 yr old mom who has health issues decided she wants to go on the cruise. Can I just purchase med evacuation insurance? The cruise total for both of us is about 2,000 inc air. Can cancel cruise wth Ncl 60 days before cruise.However if we need to be airlifted from Seattle or Alaska I'm sure that would cost much more then $2000? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

If you haven't booked yet, you can't possibly be out of the pre-existing waiver timeframe. Most 3rd-party policies with an available pre-ex waiver give you two weeks after initial deposit to purchase insurance before you start having to worry about pre-existing conditions. (As long as of the date of insurance purchase, all party members are in sufficient condition to travel.)

It sounds like OP already purchased tickets, or at least made a deposit.

However, I believe that your Mother could still get insurance without exclusions if you get the insurance for HER within the required window.

That would cover HER, and any extraordinary medical-related costs, but probably wouldn't allow you to cancel as well. But as you mentioned, it's the medical costs that are the real concern, not the cruise cost.

I suggest you call STEVE at

TripInsuranceStore.com

(CALL, don't just look at the website summaries)

He'll be able to find the most appropriate policy for you for your specific situation.

Hope you both have a great time!

GeezerCouple