New Relaxation Area upon Return to Ship?

Disconnections

I was reviewing the pictures I had taken on one of my recent cruises on the Caribbean Princess (Oct 27, 2014) and saw one that I had meant to post sooner, but didn't get around to.

In Cozumel, I couldn't help but notice the Carnival Freedom had set up a small relaxation area on the pier in Cozumel with the Serenity chairs and a tent. I hadn't seen this before on a Carnival ship from when I actually sailed with the cruise line. In Nassau about two weeks ago, the Carnival Sunshine did not have anything similar.

How long has Carnival been providing this service? Upon our return to the Caribbean Princess, we were provided with moist towelettes.

97f73750697bc010f3b53489a9e27ce8.png

I just saw the Norwegian Jewel doing this when we were docked next to her in Cozumel. They took it one step further by having about 20 random crew members from several restaurants dancing to pop music (top 40) on the dock next to their two relaxation tents. Disney only had the "refreshment" table under their tent.

I think that this is the cruise line's newest form of advertising on the dock, trying to capture the attention of cruisers on other ships to make them wonder what they might be missing on the other cruise ship / cruise line since they are going to all of the trouble of setting up a relaxation tent at the end of the gangway.

I was reviewing the pictures I had taken on one of my recent cruises on the Caribbean Princess (Oct 27, 2014) and saw one that I had meant to post sooner, but didn't get around to.

In Cozumel, I couldn't help but notice the Carnival Freedom had set up a small relaxation area on the pier in Cozumel with the Serenity chairs and a tent. I hadn't seen this before on a Carnival ship from when I actually sailed with the cruise line. In Nassau about two weeks ago, the Carnival Sunshine did not have anything similar.

How long has Carnival been providing this service? Upon our return to the Caribbean Princess, we were provided with moist towelettes.

ALL those chairs for 3000 to 4000 returning cruisers. What a perk!

The Conquest had it last week. I'm trying to remember who was next to us in Cozumel because they had it too. Actually it was nice to get a cold cup of water after time in port and the walk back down the pier. Overall though it wasn't heavily used. We wonder who the intended audience was too.

The Conquest had it last week. I'm trying to remember who was next to us in Cozumel because they had it too. Actually it was nice to get a cold cup of water after time in port and the walk back down the pier. Overall though it wasn't heavily used. We wonder who the intended audience was too.

We were there last month on the Conquest and the Magic was beside us.

I've seen it done a few times. Usually when Carnival is being "outclassed" by a competitor in port.

Its probably for people like me who are totally exhausted and need to sit a minute before the usually long walk down the pier to re-board. There are people who need to sit a minute for any number of reasons.

Sent from my ME301T using Forums mobile app

Its probably for people like me who are totally exhausted and need to sit a minute before the usually long walk down the pier to re-board. There are people who need to sit a minute for any number of reasons.

Sent from my ME301T using Forums mobile app

We're aware of the purpose.

I just saw the Norwegian Jewel doing this when we were docked next to her in Cozumel. They took it one step further by having about 20 random crew members from several restaurants dancing to pop music (top 40) on the dock next to their two relaxation tents. Disney only had the "refreshment" table under their tent.

I think that this is the cruise line's newest form of advertising on the dock, trying to capture the attention of cruisers on other ships to make them wonder what they might be missing on the other cruise ship / cruise line since they are going to all of the trouble of setting up a relaxation tent at the end of the gangway.

NCL has been doing this for over 2 years. Here is a video that was posted in November 2012.

Bill

Edited by S.S.Oceanlover