The good/bad 0f 4185 on Westerdam

the col.

My neighbor is thinking about 4185 on the Westerdam in Jan. and was just trying to give him some info. What are your feeling about it for anyone who has stayed in that cabin? Thanks--is there someplace here to look up cabins bio's---

Check HALfacts, lots of info on lots of cabins. Pics from 4185 on the Zuiderdam.

there is a link to Halfacts.com in my signature as well as at the sticky at the top of the page.

Zuiderdam is the same class as the Westerdam, so the rooms should be identical.

thank you so much for the link--great pics---but has anyone stayed in that cabin???? I would like to give him a 1st hand account of that persons overall feeling for the cabin----I am just trying to help him out---noise--privacy--dirt/soot ect---

We have been in 5190 and 5101 just above that one. GREAT cabins- no vibration felt even in rough seas.

Be aware that the two wraps on 4 have very little privacy on the verandas- everyone above can see down onto them, The two on deck 5 are completely covered and totally private. Also the balconies on 5190 and 5191 are about 450 square feet- big enough for a party.

Like our friend Joanie we call 5190 and 5191 our "penthouses". Be aware that the cabins are slightly smaller that the SA's but we really like the layout with the small hallway to enter. People outside are not looking directly into the cabin when the door is opened.

thanks for your answers--the noise and the vibrations sounds really unfavorable--I find it hard to believe they allowed you to move to another suite----guess you would be out of luck if they were sold out-----any other comments from people who saved in this cabin? thanks for all your answers---

thanks for your answers--the noise and the vibrations sounds really unfavorable--I find it hard to believe they allowed you to move to another suite----guess you would be out of luck if they were sold out-----any other comments from people who saved in this cabin? thanks for all your answers---

We were on a back to back. On the first half they gave us a "sleeping room" for the night time. On the second half there was a no-show in one of the suites so they moved us. Yes, we were lucky. We also went to the GRM and asked very nicely without raising a fuss.

She was very helpful.

Terri