Jeans (a quickie!)

britsbest

Ron, its not just the CB. This is from our last cruise on the Star. On formal night - yes formal night - the table right behind us had a party of 6. 5 look great. Once gentlemen had on jeans and a yellow shirt with the sleeves rolled up. Also to keep his wallet from being stolen by his fellow cruisers, he had a chain on it which snapped on his belt around his fairly good sized waist. Also cowboy boots which I think he wore to muck the stalls. :D

You know, he was probably a nice guy, they certainly seemed to be having fun - we never saw them again during the cruise. Our course I probably wouldn't have recognized him without his boots and chain :D :D

On my cruise on the Golden in June, in the area of the patter where they list the dress for the evening, it didn't matter if it was a casual evening or formal, it was always followed by the statement "no shorts in the dining room". I personally found this amusing, especially on formal night because I could imagine someone interpreting this as formal meaning jeans in place of the shorts they might have worn otherwise! I believe the Star had something similar earlier this month except they also added no T-shirts.

We hve never been on the Carib Princess but with Jeans, MUTS, 600 extra people - I think we will pass and stick with the Sun Class.

Ron

And upwards of 300 to 600 kids .... I love all the extra things offered on the CB but the trade out doesn't seem worth it to me. I'll wear my tux and ennjoy life on the Sun.

Ron, its not just the CB. This is from our last cruise on the Star. On formal night - yes formal night - the table right behind us had a party of 6. 5 look great. Once gentlemen had on jeans and a yellow shirt with the sleeves rolled up. Also to keep his wallet from being stolen by his fellow cruisers, he had a chain on it which snapped on his belt around his fairly good sized waist. Also cowboy boots which I think he wore to muck the stalls. :D

You know, he was probably a nice guy, they certainly seemed to be having fun - we never saw them again during the cruise. Our course I probably wouldn't have recognized him without his boots and chain :D :D

This confirms my suspicion that the CB is occasionally used to transport prisoners. ;)

I agree Kevin. It is sad. I also wonder if it has anything to do with the fact that this was Anytime Dining and if the jean clad, bootstomping gentleman tried to get in the Traditional Dining room, whether or not he would have been turned away????? Or maybe he did:D

Can you wear jeans to watch MUTS ?

On one of our first cruises - at formal night - we came down the stairs and I felt out of place as all the gentlemen were sitting around - all in tuxedos - I just had my universal navy blue suit. When we got all the way down I noticed that one of the tux wearing men had a pair of bright red sox on - made me feel better.

Ron

Now, if all the people that want to wear jeans on formal night, and shorts on smart casual nights would just cruise on the Caribbean Princess, those that like to follow guidelines, and get dressed up, would know which ship NOT to book. :D

I agree Kevin. It is sad. I also wonder if it has anything to do with the fact that this was Anytime Dining and if the jean clad, bootstomping gentleman tried to get in the Traditional Dining room, whether or not he would have been turned away????? Or maybe he did:D

No, the dress code is supposed to apply to the entire ship (all restaurants and all shows) for the entire evening, altho, I believe, that the buffet and outdoor activities are excepted.

When we got all the way down I noticed that one of the tux wearing men had a pair of bright red sox on - made me feel better.

I have always been jealous that women can be creative with their dress, and men have dull and boring dark grey or blue suits. So, whether in a tux or in a business suit....I always throw in a splash. I have worn bright red socks with my tux. I have some real nifty ties and socks and suspenders, and have worn this to some very "important" meetings with "important" people......more often than not, it brings a degree of joviality to the room, even if just for a few mins.

I agree with myangel enjoy life. If it matters what other people wear, you should go on a ship by yourself.

Corian, I thought mechanics change oil, not passengers. When I was on the Sun class ships there also were passengers wearing jeans. Enough with what other people wear and just go and enjoy you cruise

I also saw jeans recently on the Regal on a formal night. I also saw them every casual night on some passengers. I did not wear jeans this trip but have worn green and black color ones in the past on princess and celebrity with no problem.

...So, whether in a tux or in a business suit....I always throw in a splash. I have worn bright red socks with my tux. I have some real nifty ties and socks and suspenders, and have worn this to some very "important" meetings with "important" people......more often than not, it brings a degree of joviality to the room, even if just for a few mins.

I also like to spice things up a bit. I have a fire engine red bow tie, cummberbun with hanky, and matching studs and links I like to wear. Stayed away from the red braces however - but I do like the idea of red socks to finish off the look. I'll have to be on the look out for some bright red dress socks. :)

Jeans on formal nights? How sad!

On formal night, Jeans are definitely tacky.

On casual nights ... well, that's an issue that has been debated enough already and I think it's best to just agree to disagree.

I would imagine the "standards" are much looser on the CB than on other Princess ships due to the itinerary. The standards are probably just as loose on those ships doing Alaskan itineraries. Go on a ship during a European or exotic itinerary and you'll find a whole different environment.

I'm doing a 30-day Hawaii/South Pacific cruise on HAL's Amsterdam in January. I'd be willing to bet you'll find absolutely no one wearing jeans on any night in the dining room on that ship because of the combination of the Amsterdam's "flagship status" as well as the length and itinerary of the sailing. Go on a seven-day Caribbean cruise ... say on the Zuiderdam or on the Caribbean Princess and you'll see a whole different world in the dining room.

Just my opinion ...

Blue skies ...

--rita

Archived